found a cool site

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
I went to a website, www.carsinbarns.com , and it started to get me thinking.
I know of a few cars that are parked and slowly rotting away, and maybe I should let the LTD rot away for a little while when the 3.8L goes - and buy one of my local cars in barns... It's funny because there's several that are here within 10 mins. from my house, hiding out in plain sight... In the heart of residential suburbia.
In particular, there's a 69' Cherry Red Mustang. Only seen this car's ass end, never gone for a closer look. But the tags expired in 1993. I'm wondering if I should dream chase and buy it...
Anyways, check out the website! It's cool to look at!
www.carsinbarns.com
& if you have any photos of rotting cars locally, post them up!

ZincDude

Blah
Established Member
I really like the 70 Mach 1 to start with. I know of a place where there is a Mustang rotting like those but I am not ready to get into that sort of project.

BittenInBama

Established Member
There used to be a 1970ish Plymouth GTX sitting behind a house not far from me. 56k miles, 440 6-Pack 4-Spd etc etc...belonged to guy's son who had been killed somehow. Would not sell though. Sat in backyard. Would crank it and move it to opposite side of yard when he was mowing.

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
the mustang I have been eyeing has been sitting there for at least a few years...
It seems to be relatively straight and the paint looks good - the tires are all flat, and the leafs and shit are rusty - but, it was probably a daily driver

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
fury-christine-4.jpg

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
lol, one that fixes itself, yes please!
I'd love to have an old fury or something - or evem an early 50's cadillac. Paint it flat black and paint the steel rims gloss red... no hubcaps... lower it, keep whitewalls on it... Make some power underhood...

bp03svt

Established Member
I've been to that site alot. It makes me sick for all the cars that are worth alot of money if they're restored, only to sit in a field or a barn rotting to death. It's not just the value of them that gets me, it's just the plain fact that most of them are getting to the point where they are unfixable.

I saw a Cuda on there awhile back that was down next to a stream. The guy that owned it finally decided to sell it, but the car got ripped in half when they tried to pull it out of the muddy spot that it was in. Most of the people on that site that own the cars don't want to sell them, cause they are gonna restore them one day--yeah f@#king right. :rollseyes

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
The thing about Christine is she's still out there!
Another one to watch out for is the infamous Buick 8...
Thing it's in a state police barracks shed in pennsylvania somewhere, not sure...

Users who are viewing this thread