Found a Cobra

svtmesoon

Established Member
Well Guys, I found my car, but it is a loooong ways away. It's an 01 in the correct color(Performance Red, black/gray int.) and trim. It has 4800(that's right, HUNDRED) miles. They want $ 26,700 for it. Problem is that it is pretty far away.
Do you guys think that I should jump on it, or hold off a little longer, and see what pops up in Omaha( big city)? With the 03's just around the corner, there just might be a few 01's on the market, and a little cheaper (and closer) too.
But $26,7 sounds pretty cheap to me, especially with the low miles. The cost to go get it would probably be $7-800, + the miles I put on the wifes car, (1000+) flying is out of the question. Then, even $27,5 don't sound too bad either, does it? Please, tell me what you guys think.
Oh yeah, the carfax report is clean, and the car supposedly, doesn't ping. (But what dealer would actually tell you the truth if it did?) They say it is perfect in every way, now that's not hard to believe.

Thanks, svtmesoon

Last edited:

CobraF/I

Established Member
Well good luck! I personally wouldn't get something I couldn't test out first... but it seems like a long hike for a test drive. If you get up there and it's not what you expect, give 'em a punch in the jumblies for me, cause that's too far to go for something you aren't buying.

:chicken:

svtmesoon

Established Member
That's what sucks about this deal, that sure is a damn long way to go for a test drive. But how could a Cobra with 4800(HUNDRED) miles on it possibly be bad? Knowin' my luck, it prolly has some issues that wouldn't come to light for a month or so.
I just can't understand somebody trading a car like that in, you just know that they really got the horn, makes you wonder. I would much rather buy one from an owner, there's more trust there. Plus, the owner would get alot more $$$ for his car than a car lot would give him. I guess that money comes real easy for some people, too bad not for me.
svtmesoon

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
I think you should jump on it like a cheap hooker. That's the baddest color out there and with those low miles,that's a great price. I know what you mean about being worried that someone traded in the car with such low miles. But I bought mine a month ago with only 7000 miles on it and had the same worries,but they didn't have merit once I drove the car. It has no problems other than the "clunk" which about every cobra has. Just my thoughts but I'd go for it.

svtmesoon

Established Member
Hey TTA..., how many miles do you have on your car now? No ping yet? I agree with you on the perf red, and it has black/gray interior...that's perfect for me. I have to kick the idea around for awhile. I believe that if I'm supposed to have it, then I will get it. If someone buys it tomorrow, then it wasn't the car for me, so (I feel) the longer they have that car, and I don't find one closer to me, then, when I decide it feels right, I'll make the long trek for it, but not before lots of long distance conversations, and e-mail questionaires(for them to fill out).
Hey F/I, if the car is whack, I'll kick him in the jumblies first, for me, then I'll deliver another for you! What if the salesperson is a woman, what then, turn her over to my wife?
Thanks fellas
'SOON!

pj951

Established Member
svtmesoon:

Please be aware that carfax doesn't know about a LOT of stuff.

I ran two vin's yesterday on carfax,

One had $18,000. collision damage. (We repaired it in 2001, a 2001 Boxster)

Second one, 3 collisions, $4000-6000. each. (We repaired it 3 times, a 1989 Mercedes.)

Both vehicles showed clean on carfax.

Basically it is handy to see how many times the vehicle has changed hands, thats about it.

PJ

svtmesoon

Established Member
Terry, if it's not the rarest, it certainly is the most loved, it seems. There sure aren't very many of them for sale. But there isn't that many 01's for sale in any color.
PJ, I know that carfax don't always show accidents, A while back, I was going to take a couple of hrs ride to look at a 99 Cobra. This car carfaxed clean. When I called the guy before leaving, he admitted to me that the car had been wrecked, but was fixed right, and drove good. Thanks, but no thanks, I'm not gonna pay $19k+ for a previosly wrecked car.

tms217

Established Member
Here are the totals.....

Production Numbers courtesy of SVT:

2001 Cobra Coupes: 3,867 were produced.

347 Zinc Yellow Coupes
556 Laser Red Coupes
226 Performance Red Coupes
316 True Blue Coupes
514 Mineral Grey Coupes
979 Black Coupes
556 Silver Coupes
373 White Coupes

2001 Cobra Convertibles: 3,384 were produced.

316 Zinc Yellow Convertibles
548 Laser Red Convertibles
130 Performance Red Convertibles
292 True Blue Convertibles
382 Mineral Grey Convertibles
942 Black Convertibles
431 Silver Convertibles
343 White Convertibles

Terry

svtmesoon

Established Member
Thanks for the info Terry. Do you know how many of the P. Red were done with charcoal int. VS saddle int?
Thanks, Ric

Users who are viewing this thread