Found a carbon fiber cowl on ebay!

MR.ADAMS

Established Member
Maybe I'm just in the Debbie Downer mood, but what would the point of buying this be other than saying you have a carbon fiber cowl? Is it even a molded piece?

Bullitt66

Adiccted SVT Poster
Established Member
Maybe I'm just in the Debbie Downer mood, but what would the point of buying this be other than saying you have a carbon fiber cowl? Is it even a molded piece?
once upon a time, there was a thread about a request on making one, so this thread is for that people, myself included...

89armygt

Established Member
Its in the terminator interior exterior mod section. Theres about 18 peeps already on the list.

ARdoller

Established Member
unpainted carbon fiber looks tacky. if youre gonna spend the money on carbon fiber, do it for the weight advantage, and paint it. no one wants to see your half-assed body work.

if you have a black car, and you put a white unpainted hood on your car, it looks stupid. i never understood why there is an exception for doing the same thing with carbon fiber, by putting a carbon fiber body part on a car and not painting it to match. it just looks like youre too poor to finish the job.

Last edited:

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
I agree, i have never been a fan of the carbon fiber look, get it for the weight savings and paint it otherwise no thanks

ARdoller

Established Member
balls nice.

someone with a BAB sn95 (cant remember if it was a cobra or GT), had panted that cowl BAB, along with another piece, and it looked real nice.

KWClutch

Steve McQueen
Established Member
I'm about to get the bumpers repainted. I think I might do that and the mirrors too.

ARdoller

Established Member
definitely do the mirrors. its something ive been wanting to do, but since i have a black car, it doesnt bother me as much not having them done. its just something ill probably mention the next time i have my car in for paint (which will be my hood, whenever that is... rolling on 4 months waiting now).

Users who are viewing this thread