Found a Boss for below Invoice!!!

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Ouch!! FS on ebay for $20k

$(KGrHqEOKoYE4uUltn5EBOOVWu02eQ~~0_3.JPG

Philcsag1

Established Member
With the drop in the stock market, and the unemployment #'s being shaky, I find it hard to believe the Boss will still bring a premium price as we go forward, into the fall.

My last check of completed e bay auctions showed 57 boss 302 auctions over 54 did not meet reserve.

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
boss brings premium prices from people where money is not an issue. maybe there will be fewer of them, but i doubt it. those where money is an issue are getting their cars at msrp or below because thats the only way they will buy and because there are plenty of boss cars available at that price.

TaraFirma

Established Member
With the drop in the stock market, and the unemployment #'s being shaky, I find it hard to believe the Boss will still bring a premium price as we go forward, into the fall.

My last check of completed e bay auctions showed 57 boss 302 auctions over 54 did not meet reserve.
I'm watching two on ebay right now. They are both in the low $50k and neither of them have met the sellers reserve which was lowered on both. the dealerships selling them are moronic a$$holes and think they are going to rape someone for these cars. BTW, they are both Laguna Seca cars.

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
reading the ebay text the guy is selling it as a donor car mostly for the drive train. you can get the racing drive train from roush/yates and frpp brand new for less than $20k. i am not an expert, but that body is a right off and the interior is nothing special after the recaro seats. am i wrong?

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
reading the ebay text the guy is selling it as a donor car mostly for the drive train. you can get the racing drive train from roush/yates and frpp brand new for less than $20k. i am not an expert, but that body is a right off and the interior is nothing special after the recaro seats. am i wrong?

I would say that you are correct. Seemed a bit pricey to me as well.

steeltoe

Established Member

What makes a Boss a Boss is the motor and suspension.

SVT_SRT8

Established Member
my dealer is selling one for $43xxx 1000 below msrp, not invoice though lol.

BOOSTD5.4

Established Member
I would say that you are correct. Seemed a bit pricey to me as well.

The engine is $11,000 ish, the wiring is $1000, the trans is $2500, the seats $1000, the fuel system and supporting other parts, $3000.

To do a conversion it would be a good deal at $15,000, $20,000 is not the end of the world but pricey!

Mike

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
appears this car doesnt have the recaro seats after studying the pics. that mans no torsen diff. i think i would be inclined to change the transmission anyway.

BOOSTD5.4

Established Member
appears this car doesnt have the recaro seats after studying the pics. that mans no torsen diff. i think i would be inclined to change the transmission anyway.

That would drop the worth a good amount!

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread