Found a bent spark plug

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Thanks for posting this. I had the same issue in the back passenger side cylinder. The plug gap was at .000. I was worried too, but just replaced the plugs and drove it. It wasn't making any noise and ran fine afterwards. I have since beat the snot out of my car for like 15,000 miles and the plug is fine. I seriously doubt the piston actually hit the plug, it probably was debris in both of our cases. That plug does look pretty damn fouled though, let your tuner take a look at it.

DEADLY FORCE

Established Member
I had an 04 cobra that did the same thing with closing gaps and making a tapping noise. Ended up trading it in as it kept doing it when I would go into boost. never did find out exactly what it was. The bandaid was not going into full boost and keeping fresh plugs. Ended up going through a set of plugs a week and it wouldn't be the same cylinder each time. I was thinking I needed a rebuild, curious to find out what it actually is with your cobra.

Tunedprt91

Established Member
Ill be sure to update this when I find out whats what. Dvj38 I would be lucky if the problem just went away like that lol. Truth is im too scared to even start the car let alone drive it anywhere even though it runs fine at the moment.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Ill be sure to update this when I find out whats what. Dvj38 I would be lucky if the problem just went away like that lol. Truth is im too scared to even start the car let alone drive it anywhere even though it runs fine at the moment.

If it happens again, then worry about it. If it doesn't happen again, you win. Haha, just see what happens man. Let us know.

Tunedprt91

Established Member
Had the compression check done this morning and here are the results

Driver Side........ Pass Side

5. 155---------- 1. 142
6. 150---------- 2. 140
7. 145 ---------- 3. 142
8. 130 ---------- 4. 150

8 seems to be the lowest but I was told not to be concerned. Im going to bring it back at a later date to make sure the numbers are still in the same neighborhood. I still havent found anything else wrong and the car drives like it normally does but I still have not floored it/taken it past 3k rpm.

Maybe ill get some courage and stop being scared to wind her up some. Maybe next ill get a scope and look down into #8. Also

I almost got to ride in this today

bnkt.jpg

jmsa.jpg

z9zh.jpg

tgxg.jpg

This morning while I was getting the compression check done at the shop I use one of the shop owners friends stops by to show them his new ride. Well we were all checking it out and the owner of the viper tossed the keys to the shop owner and told him to take it around the block. I was a little late with asking(I thought the viper owner was going to ride with him but he didnt) but I asked the viper owner if he minded if I rode with Josh(shop owner) while he took it around the block. He says sure no problem and we try to flag josh down but i dont think he saw us before he pulled off the parking lot. Oh well I was kinda bummed but maybe one day lol.

Funny thing is the viper owner was telling josh how to use launch control before he took off so I know he was getting on it while he was out driving it.

Tunedprt91

Established Member
Nope but one of my spark plug threads in one head is stripped. Its helicoiled right now but the heads need to come off so ill check everything else when I do that. Im going to swap to C heads and add a few other things over winter While im at it. I still drive her but I take it easy :) So if you see me dont try to race me lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread