Found a 3" H-Pipe for '11 GT

cobra1718

Established Member
I just ordered and received the catback with Hpipe and the straight pipes (w/o resonators) for a little over 300 with the SS pipes. I too wonder how loud they will be? I will find out as soon as they get installed. I have the hushpower axleback

lsp408

Established Member
Hi, I just bought

Heartthrob Dual Cat-Back Exhaust System
SKU 3724117
Part # 1429030

Heartthrob Dual Cat-Back Exhaust System
SKU 3724126
Part # 1429060

From autoanything. its 409SS 3" H and straight to axle then axle back with straight through muffler. I can't wait til I get it and install it.

Anyone with the system can post some video?

Full_Tilt

Banned
Mullet-28578.jpg

Last edited:

thezfunk

Established Member
What a load.

An H pipe accomplished the same thing as an X pipe, except an X pipe does it better.
I can understand going with an H to keep that american V8 sound that is lost with an X pipe, but claiming its going to make more power than any X pipe is flat out lying.

I see many people scoff at their dyno claims 'H' vs 'X'. Why would they lie? They even said they would still sell you an X-pipe if you want it. I don't see any good reason for them to lie about it. How would that benefit them?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Maybe because the H pipe is easier to make? Better profit margin?
I dont really know, what I do know is that 22hp from just an H pipe is absurd.

Even if they had some ridiculously optimistic dyno that was showing a 22hp gain, the X pipe would not be showing only a 6hp gain, it would be at least equal and if properly designed it should be a fair bit better.

they would be damn near the same, i swap out my X for an H pipe an lost 0 power. it seems with the newer cars the H and X pipe are about the same in power from older pre 05 stangs

Grant808

Established Member
I agree they should be about the same, but if one is going to be a little better its going to be the X pipe as it is inherently a bit better when designed right.
The point being, it doesnt make sense that theyre H pipe would make 18hp more than an X pipe. Im calling BS on that.

I think they may not be lying...that X just might not be as good a design as others. Or that's what I was thinking when I saw the video after this thread was first posted. Maybe someone who knows better can chime in, but I think an X is better off if it is not symmetrical like the have made it for the entrance and exit angle. They'e just crossing the flow and not splitting it, so it's just making an obstruction and adding bends.

thezfunk

Established Member
I think they may not be lying...that X just might not be as good a design as others. Or that's what I was thinking when I saw the video after this thread was first posted. Maybe someone who knows better can chime in, but I think an X is better off if it is not symmetrical like the have made it for the entrance and exit angle. They'e just crossing the flow and not splitting it, so it's just making an obstruction and adding bends.

Again, I don't know but that's the only conclusion I came to as well. You know, if I am to believe that an X pipe is supposed to always be better.

cobra1718

Established Member
I personally dont care about HP gains with exhaust. Cause dont think there is much to be gained. I like the Hpipe over the xpipe because of a sound preference. For those that have questioned me about this install, I have finally gotten the heartthrob hpipe without resonators installed. With the flowmasters I had on it sounds somewhat louder and deeper. it is my estimate maybe 10-20% louder than stock but not obnoxious loud. I love it. I will try to do a vid when I can. It reminds me of video earlier with the OR pipe but no raspiness. It has that deep muscle car sound. :rockon:

groverdill

Established Member
I personally dont care about HP gains with exhaust. Cause dont think there is much to be gained. I like the Hpipe over the xpipe because of a sound preference. For those that have questioned me about this install, I have finally gotten the heartthrob hpipe without resonators installed. With the flowmasters I had on it sounds somewhat louder and deeper. it is my estimate maybe 10-20% louder than stock but not obnoxious loud. I love it. I will try to do a vid when I can. It reminds me of video earlier with the OR pipe but no raspiness. It has that deep muscle car sound. :rockon:

I have the same kit no resonators and H pipe with Flowmaster American Thunders and I agree the car is louder but not horribly loud. Thus far everyone has liked the sound and install was a breeze.

Full thumbs up rating from me.

Cheap
Easy install
Fits good
Lighter than stock stuff
Sounds good

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread