Found a 1989 5.0, is it worth it?

lawdog302

Lets roll with it
Established Member
I found a 89 5.0 Hatch for 750$. Interior is trashed and the Aod is toast, but it starts and runs. Odometer says 6000, but not sure if that is 106,000 or 206,000. The title has 51k on it. Has some dents,rust and some patched panels, I've really been looking for a notch, but came across this. It is blue with grey interior.

Any Opinions?

THE_STIG

Established Member
Buy it and fix the tranny, throw a bottle in the trunk, Profit.

I think it would be fun to take the the track during the summer and beat the hell out of.

Bullitt520

Established Member
I bought one recently for 400. It was a 4 banger but for a small cost i was able to turn it into what it is now. I too was looking for a notch but for the right price any fox is worth it. As stated above fix the trans and have fun. Strip the interior, pill it to kill it and have fun this summer.....

Qwk GT

Established Member
I would get it... Plenty of fun, one of the easiest cars I've ever worked on. Like others have said, strip it and make it a toy car.

cranium

Cerebral Assassin!!
Established Member
I would NOT get it! Stay as far away from this car as possible! TRUST ME!!!!!............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................BTW can you give me his name and number! lol

Seriously talk him down and get yourself a fun car to work on with nothing really to lose. Good Luck

GodStang

Established Member
I just traded my $650 Bronco for a Notch with a 351W....It will be a fun car to beat at the track. I would get it. Fix the small things wrong with it like the auto and then you can sell it in a while for a notch.

Users who are viewing this thread