"found" $350, what should i buy.....

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
Well i have been cleanin' out the garage selling some things that i havn't been using and just got $350 cash and with no other prior commitments for the money, it is time for some mods! everything in my sig is paid for and on the car.those in the "may 12th" part, i have the upper, lower, and mafxtender in my room right now along with money set aside for the port/chip/tune. i need the BAP and i have an autologic chip i need to sell/trade.

right now i am looking at MM full length sub frame connectors or H&R SS springs. the springs would be installed by myself and some of my LS1 buddies but the SFC's would have to be done at a shop so that would be a few more bucks. what would ya'll do, or should i do some other mods instead? Intercooler resovior?
please give me some input/advice
thanks
-tony

Last edited:

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Buy a Predator and get a tune from James @ RWTD! That's the biggest jump right there. I don't see why you shouldn't see 430+ at the wheels with your mods. I laid down 428RWHP and 405RWTQ. with only a Steeda CAI and Borla Stingers.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Or, I just saw you wanted springs. Get those H&R SS springs then and some MM isolators front and rear. Thats what I have right now w/ my 19's.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
no bling, not my thing......
no predator, gettin it dyno tuned in about 5 weeks. diablo revolution flipchip
springs, gotta find someone that has em in stock and i may order them tonight unless i get a convincing argument for other mods
-tony

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Subframes, springs, IRS brace, larger intercooler reservoir.....I mean, you already laid the foundation of intake, exhaust, HE etc. Nothing too much more to do but power, suspension and bling but you said no bling. I'd do the springs.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Also, don't forget to replace the two front 12mm IRS bolts with the 14's. Does MM not have the SS springs in stock now? You can get everything from them. I bought CC plates and didn't need them. I did the install anyways since I had them laying around.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
ok, got a problem. The H&R SS springs that i have been drooling over since i got my terminator are the H&R Super Sport springs right, not the sport springs. don't want to buy the wrong ones! also, on stangsuspension.com they say Fits 1996-2004 Mustangs including V6, V8 and Cobra. (excluding Cobra's with IRS) Part #: 51652-77
http://www.stangsuspension.com/store/comersus_viewitem.asp?idproduct=146 are these the right ones???
-tony

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
you need part #51659. They are Super Sport springs. For the 99-04 Cobra's there are only Race and Super Sports.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
ok, now that i am at that page with the springs; part number 51659 i still see H&R Sport Springs- 99-04 Cobra with IRS
just want to make sure these are the springs refered to as the H&R SS, but i guess part number is what i should go by and if these are them then i'll call in the morning to make sure they are in stock and order.
thanks bro

as for cooling, what do you think?
i plan on doing the cooling mod when i replace the clutch (most likely this summer)
larger i/c box?
radiator?

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
thank you very much!
so that takes car of about $230
still have around $120 to play with....any ideas or put it in the bank?
-tony

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
clutch feels perfect, don't think i'll need the clutch quadrant/firewall adjuster. also, to answer your question, i do mostly highway driving.

Users who are viewing this thread