Forward facing turbo people, intercooler/radiator fitment

KC_SVT

Established Member
Making the switch over to a turbo platform...having the hot/cold side all custom made and switching to a motor and midplate. I'm really wanting to mount the turbo in the grille. My problem is this car is going to be limited to True Street type events for now as I am switching over to a coyote platform as well. Terminator/GT500 shootout is no longer an option, car wont be competitive in coyote modified, and Turbo Coyote shootout is for 2005-up chassis only. On the NMCA side, Xtreme Street is a little out of my leage, and there are no ultra/ultimate street events near me. What is nice about true street is there are many organizations that run classes with similar rules. So, with the car being built as a true street car, I am wanting to stick with an air to air intercooler (Rules don't allow refill of ice between passes).

I will need to figure out a way to mount the 86/85 turbo high and forward facing, the radiator and an air to air intercooler up front. Curious if anyone has done this or has ideas. I am not sure how well a custom, shorter but wider, radiator would cool if it were mounted directly behind an a/a intercooler.

What are your guys thoughts on this?

Users who are viewing this thread