Formula Un CoTA this weekend? Who's going?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Seeing who all from SVTP is going this weekend?

Ill be flying into Dallas tomorrow night and meeting some buddies all flying in from other parts of CA. Should be a good weekend but weather sounds like its going to be a ****er.

Im not a big F1 fan but looking forward to seeing it in person, I told myself that even though im not huge on them I still think some things you should see in person at least once in your life.

Also, my first time in TX so I expect everyone to be CCW'ing and no cars under 400hp with any exhausts still attached, you know, because Texas.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Got 4 free tickets for Sunday on turn 5, row 1 thru GovX. Can't wait! But i'm gonna skip out on the concert...lol...

Whaaaaat skipping out on Sir Elton?! Last year I believe was Kid Rock, this year they went a wee bit different lol.

Jealous of all you guys going, I've watched every race this season, getting hooked. Should be a good race, Vettel is now in second and Rosberg has to make up points to regroup with Hamilton. :rockon:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Man that was crazy! Rain sucked hard, we posted up behind the Muscle Car tent over in turn 19 because it was doing a good job of blocking the wind and rain until it stopped. Got there at 8am for qualifying and was soaked by 10am.

I picked Lewis Hamilton to win not knowing a single goddamn thing about F1 and then my other buddy filled me in. I only pick winners apparently. Goddamn these cars are insane with what they can do.

Waiting for Hybred to post up some pics, I know she probably got some good ones.

And wtf, didnt see a single goddamn modded vehicle at all. The first modded car I saw all weekend was a modded GTR picking up some people at SD Airport. You Texans are slacking.....

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Was a pretty sweet race, the aftermath was pretty funny Rosberg was pissed. Hamilton tossed him the 2nd place hat and he threw it back at him. Rosberg made a big deal in the beginning of the season he didn't want to be known as the "number 2 driver" well now Hamilton is champ and he is just fighting to get back into second.

Looking forward to next season Ferrari has gotten their shit together and Haas is going to be using most of their stuff. Would love to see a US team that wasn't getting shit on constantly like Marussia (who has the only US driver). Even though it looks like they will have one French and one Mexican driver.

If you think the cars are nuts here's a video of what the driver's go through 4-5 G stopping/cornering:
[video]https://youtu.be/EMloWN-AZcw[/video]

Looking forward to Hybred's pics, I love this stuff and she always has good shots.

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Was a pretty sweet race, the aftermath was pretty funny Rosberg was pissed. Hamilton tossed him the 2nd place hat and he threw it back at him. Rosberg made a big deal in the beginning of the season he didn't want to be known as the "number 2 driver" well now Hamilton is champ and he is just fighting to get back into second.

Looking forward to next season Ferrari has gotten their shit together and Haas is going to be using most of their stuff. Would love to see a US team that wasn't getting shit on constantly like Marussia (who has the only US driver). Even though it looks like they will have one French and one Mexican driver.

If you think the cars are nuts here's a video of what the driver's go through 4-5 G stopping/cornering:
[video]https://youtu.be/EMloWN-AZcw[/video]

Looking forward to Hybred's pics, I love this stuff and she always has good shots.

Yeah I saw that lol. Hamilton just looked at him like "u mad bro? Get over it".

Its stupid to think that Hamilton wouldnt let him have that corner and take the lead when he has the championship on the line that race. IMO, Rosberg should have just let him have the first corner and taken up behind Hamilton and he wouldnt have lost 3 places in the shuffle. Like, you guys are teammates and one of you is going for the championship this race, the other of you isnt, know your role pretty much. Form up behind him and play defense.

Users who are viewing this thread