Forging Internals on a Mach 1??

stang03

Mach 1 Fanatic
Established Member
Right now I am pushing 8lbs of boost with 430rwhp, but that just isn't enought anymore. So I am looking into forging the internals so that I can up the boost on my P1SC!!

Any ideas on all of the parts I will need and possible labor costs??

Thanks
Brent

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
forged rods/pistons at .020 over, ARP main studs/bolts. since yours is a 5-spd, you don't have to worry about forging the crank.

Labor might run you anywhere from 2-3k ...just a guess though.

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
motor 20 over, eagle H beams, and Ross/ Manley pistons. Thats a forged bottom end for a great price and it will handle almost all you can throw at it.

black01mustang

a new z06 will be mine
Established Member
just wondering why you would bore the motor? Are the walls scared during normal operation or groves worn from the piston rings?

stang03

Mach 1 Fanatic
Established Member
BUMP!! So we are prob looking at about $3-5K, that isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be!! I may have to look into this!!

What is the deal with the the bore of .020??

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
black01mustang said:
just wondering why you would bore the motor? Are the walls scared during normal operation or groves worn from the piston rings?

You bore the motor 20 over to make the cylinder walls perfectly round. They are somewhat irregular, nothing huge though.

stang03

Mach 1 Fanatic
Established Member
is this all of the parts I would need?? Cause I am trying to get a list together of everything I need and price?

Quik Z06

Established Member
stang03...Shoot me a PM and I can probably get you a good price on all the parts you need.

stang03

Mach 1 Fanatic
Established Member
QuikZ06: For some odd reason my PM's are disabled! Do you have an email address that I could contact you at??

Thanks
Brent

Users who are viewing this thread