Forgery/Fraud: need advice...

davidwnuc

Established Member
I just filled a police report so I am not going to go into detail. I purchased a vehicle at a dealership. a few days later I found out (beyond a shadow of a doubt) that the dealership made a new contract, signed me up for credit disability insurance, and forged my signature several documents. I have spoken with JAG (I'm in the NAVY) and now I have a police report with local law enforcment. I understand it will go criminal before civil. But what else can I do? I know they are doing this to other people and I want everyone to know how slimy they are. They are a big dealership in a big city and they have been there for YEARS. Any guidance with this would be great. Don't ask who it was because I don't want them to see it coming.
Thanks
David

LSUstang05

Established Member
If you know for a fact they are doing it to other people you could try to start a class action lawsuit. Wether that would help you out or not, I'm not sure, but it is another avenue you could look in to.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
1st step, with out delay, hire an attorney.

did you hire an attorney yet? stop reading and have one by the end of the day.

Juruense

Banned
You know Hybred your following me around and correcting me is getting old. Why not focus on the thread topics instead of always offering your opinion of my opinion?

The Better Business Bureau maintains databases of complaints which are subject to public view. The more complaints the worse the company looks. It really is as simple as that, not ****ing rocket science :rolleyes:

Last edited:

vertcobra99

dacube
Established Member
You know Hybred your following me around and correcting me is getting old. Why not focus on the thread topics instead of always offering your opinion of my opinion?

The Better Business Bureau maintains databases of complaints which are subject to public view. The more complaints the worse the company looks. It really is as simple as that, not ****ing rocket science :rolleyes:

how often do you check out the better business bureau? I don't think I have ever checked it out in my life

jrd699

All men not created equal
Established Member
"disability ins." duhhhh
What other doc's I'm intrested cause I run a small dealership, so I'm VERY farmiliar with state laws re: this stuff

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member

I don't "follow" you around, I don't even know who you are. I read your post and responded, and not with an opinion.

In the OP's case, the BBB is NOT the place to go; they have ZERO legal authority. Have you ever filed a claim with them? I have, so I am speaking from personal experience when I say they are indeed a worthless organization. A tint shop did approx. $1500 worth of paint damage to my Mustang. You know what happened? They sent my claim to the business owner, he responded that he didn't know what I was talking about (gee, I'm shocked) and the BBB closed the case. It's not even on the ratings for that business.

jf4boogie

Established Member
Attorney

then go public..as in local news station. Be very careful though and only state the FACTS...dont get caught up in it with opinions and what-not

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
I don't "follow" you around, I don't even know who you are. I read your post and responded, and not with an opinion.

In the OP's case, the BBB is NOT the place to go; they have ZERO legal authority. Have you ever filed a claim with them? I have, so I am speaking from personal experience when I say they are indeed a worthless organization. A tint shop did approx. $1500 worth of paint damage to my Mustang. You know what happened? They sent my claim to the business owner, he responded that he didn't know what I was talking about (gee, I'm shocked) and the BBB closed the case. It's not even on the ratings for that business.

Why is it every time I come to post somewhere, you have already posted. Stop reading my thoughts and stay out of my head you mind stalker.

ff500

Established Member
The BBB does work, I had to file a complaint once against a business through the BBB and I was contacted a month later by the company and they offered to fix the problem.
I would contact your States Attorney Generals office and see what they have to say, forgery and fraud are both federal offenses and there can be some serious consequences if they are found guilty.

txyaloo

Established Member

Don't worry. He said the same thing to me after he changed his name from Kilgore Trout. I had no idea who he was under the new name, yet I was following him around and correcting him. If he didn't post things that needed to be corrected, maybe he wouldn't have that issue? :shrug:

As for the OP, the BBB won't do anything. Get an attorney. JAG cannot represent you in a case such as this, but they can advise you. I would not go to the media until you have been advised by an attorney.

LSUstang05

Established Member
They don't do jack. Seriously, it's a worthless organization.

My mom kept getting bills from St. Lukes (I think that's right) in Houston for her breast cancer therapy after she had already paid it (through our insurance, they confirmed it) every 3 months for about a year and a half. My mom wrote them letters, called them, etc.. every time she got a letter. Finally she reported them to the BBB and asked for a written apology and a phone call. She received both by the end of the week.

jrd699

All men not created equal
Established Member
I'm sure you can get out of the contract as well, if you don't want car n e more

Users who are viewing this thread