forged shortblock...

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
all said and done parts and labor - ~5200 +/- some small bills.

that's for a stroker kit, some head porting, replacing some valved guides and valves and intake porting.

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
Doug said:
all said and done parts and labor - ~5200 +/- some small bills.

that's for a stroker kit, some head porting, replacing some valved guides and valves and intake porting.

WOW WOW and WOW. Thats a lot of cash! too much for my broke college a$$, and I have 2 jobs!!

LSWHAT??

Houston Performance has a forged cobra shortblock for something like $2800. I am going to get mine done through VT though, I have heard nothing but good things about them.

blk96SVT

Established Member
A little over 8 grand unfortunately. But, I had a supercharger unistalled, reinstalled, subframes installed, the LDC head cooling mod done, tuned, IMRC deletes, and some other misc things. The shortblock itself was 3500 or so.

96cobrakid

Established Member
4K for a complete disassembly and reassembly

ross pistons, eagle rods, upgraded oil pump, all ARP head studs, new gaskets ect bla bla bla

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
Red98CobraStang said:
WOW WOW and WOW. Thats a lot of cash! too much for my broke college a$$, and I have 2 jobs!!

but having the peace of mind that i can throw anything i want at the motor and it will eat it up is worth it.

HeXX 1

Established Member
TheAntiRice96 said:
Houston Performance has a forged cobra shortblock for something like $2800.
yea, it's $2900, but you have to provide the crank and block.

LSWHAT??

yep, that is the shortblock I'm talking about. The crank and block from our cars are the strongest part of our stock motors, and capable of more than almost anyone on the street would throw at it, so why not?

:rockon:

SPICER

Blood, Sweat, and Gears!
Established Member
around 5k for a built 03 short block and p&p job done on the heads with a valve job and new valves, and head cooling mod done. ANd then another 5k for a novi2k with supporting mods (fuel system and more minus an intercooler) Now im saving for a intercooler and cams

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
Doug said:
but having the peace of mind that i can throw anything i want at the motor and it will eat it up is worth it.

not necessarily. many people have burned forged pistons. they are very very far from indestructible. Too many people take the approach that since they have forged pistons they can do whatever they want. forged pistons and rods still have finite limits, even if they are higher than the stock pistons/rods.

don't think you are invincible just because you have forged internals.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
60lb injectors
twin focus pumps
kenne bell boost a pump
10awg fuel pump power wire
modified fuel pump driver module

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
quadcammer said:
not necessarily. many people have burned forged pistons. they are very very far from indestructible. Too many people take the approach that since they have forged pistons they can do whatever they want. forged pistons and rods still have finite limits, even if they are higher than the stock pistons/rods.

don't think you are invincible just because you have forged internals.

as long as one doesn't get stupid with a power adder and takes necessary precautions - there shouldn't be too much to worry about. a well built motor with quality compenents will take as much as one would want to throw at a street motor. of course its not going to be indestructible - it would be absurd to think otherwise. But, given the power level that i'm currently at and the power level i want to be at - the parts i have chosen (as with any quality forging) will withstand it.

Users who are viewing this thread