Forged Rebuild shortblock special for all 96-01 Cobra / Mustang

Towerman3000

Established Member
Too mmr... I'm actually really interested I've just thrown the rear passenger rod through my block of my 97 cobra supercharged with stock internals doomed now I'm needing something done fast before summer comes not a daily driver but love driving on the weekends I bought a running mark8 engine with the teksid block I was gonna have built up now need a lot sooner. Long story short turnaround time? And if I send my 8bolt crank can y'all swap it out with te 6 that's in the mark8 motor? Also I had already bought h beam rods could I send them and y'all utilize them or do I chalk up and try to sell on eBay they're brand new? And what's pickup and delivery running around I live in union sc. Also if shipping and turnaround doesn't really seem to work do y'all have forged shortblocks or a used forged shortblock for sell? Sorry for all the questions but I'm very super motivated to get my car back on road and am definitely looking to purchase something. My setup dynos at prodyno in Charlotte at 490rwhp so I definitely want something reliable and can handle the power at same time and all my net lurki leads me to y'all

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Turnaround is currently 5-6 weeks, we have a rush charge of $350 for 2 weeks. We can use your existing crankshaft also, this would basically be our 1000 series rebuild, it is $2099 if you supply the block and crank. If you supply the H beams you can subtract another $350.

Let us know how we can help!

MMR
805 383 4130

forged00

Established Member
I'm assuming that since this rebuild is specified for the 96-01 cobra's its not valid for 03 cobra shortblocks as well? Looking at maybe going a different route this year and will need a lower end capable of at least 1000hp relatively safetly but I have a stock 03 longblock in the car currently.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
It is also valid for 03/04 Cobra , it is the actually $300 cheaper if the rods are re-used from the 03/04 or the same price if the customer would like new ones.

SVT Sam

Established Member
If we raise the compression you could gain an up to additional 35-40 HP. It is no additional cost to raise the compression.

To get the additional 35 to 40 hp by raising the compression, how much are you raising the compression on average to see these type of gains?

MrSteve

Established Member
What's the cost for adding a crankshaft to that? I have a teksid block, but not a spare crank right now. You can PM me if it's easier.

Users who are viewing this thread