Fore fuel system install question

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I am on the verge of installing a fire level 4 fuel system in a terminator swapped ‘01 Bullitt, Cobra tank, SRA, 2.3 Whipple, Fore fuel Rails, kooks Long tubes, T56. I am looking for any Tips, tricks, ideas, pointers, pics, what is the the best way to route the lines, where did you mount all the pieces, and above all, what not to do any why.

Thanks in advance, I know there is a wealth of information out there from those on here. Not a newbie by any stretch to pulling wrenches but would love to do it right the first time and not have to move the pieces around.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I have stock rails. I ran my lines on the driver side. Fuel regulator is mounted on my KB blower mount where the EGR crap is supposed to go. Your setup will differ from mine most likely. A lot of folks like mounting the regulator in the passenger side fender well.

My fuel filter is just forward the transmission mount next to the OEM vert “subframe connector”. I’ll post pics as soon as I can find them.

I know it’s not much help.

Last edited:

2003RedfireVert

Established Member
F56D87AF-5BDD-4FE2-874F-2FD0A1889912.jpeg
47AF1563-9A34-4A00-A6E5-B95C6B568D2A.jpeg

FPR pic and fuel lines with filter.

Bullitt1448

Established Member

2003RedfireVert

Established Member
Thanks for your input. Any info is going to be a help, I am hoping to get a few different ways of doing it and get it installed as clean as possible. And only have to do it it one time

Sweet looking engine bay btw
It needs a wire tuck…I want to redo my vacuum lines. It’s never ending lol

01yellercobra

Established Member
For my car I ran both feed and return lines down the passenger side. They basically follow the stock routing. The regulator is behind the headlight and next to the air filter. I'm running deadhead so there's only one line going into the engine bay feeding the rails at the front passenger rail. The crossover is behind the blower. I have Fore rails as well.

When we did my buddies car we ran the lines down the passenger side as well. We did his in a flow through set up though. The regulator is under his intake and bolts to the inner fender. We drilled a hole for the return line so pokes out behind the shock. The feed line connects to the passenger rail, crossover behind the blower, and a 150 degree fitting at the front of the driver rail gets the line angled to run by the coolant crossover to the regulator. He has Fore rails too.

I will say if you're going to run deadhead pick up a fuel pulse damper. They really help with the tuning.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Great write up! Thanks it will help a lot, still trying to digest everything, I will likely have some questions down the road if you are open to answering.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
For my car I ran both feed and return lines down the passenger side. They basically follow the stock routing. The regulator is behind the headlight and next to the air filter. I'm running deadhead so there's only one line going into the engine bay feeding the rails at the front passenger rail. The crossover is behind the blower. I have Fore rails as well.

When we did my buddies car we ran the lines down the passenger side as well. We did his in a flow through set up though. The regulator is under his intake and bolts to the inner fender. We drilled a hole for the return line so pokes out behind the shock. The feed line connects to the passenger rail, crossover behind the blower, and a 150 degree fitting at the front of the driver rail gets the line angled to run by the coolant crossover to the regulator. He has Fore rails too.

I will say if you're going to run deadhead pick up a fuel pulse damper. They really help with the tuning.
Undecided on dead head or return At the moment, I have Fore rails too, I like the idea of everything hidden in the fender well. Makes for a clean looking engine by and that Fore regulator is a monster!

Thank for getting back with your info am sure to have a bunch or questions I hope you are open to letting me pick your brain on occasion?

01yellercobra

Established Member
My original plan was to keep the car looking legal in my state. One braided line isn't really noticeable to most people. But then I changed my mind on that part, but I like the cleaner look.

I think we're all pretty open to answering any questions you might have.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Great write up! Thanks it will help a lot, still trying to digest everything, I will likely have some questions down the road if you are open to answering.
No problem, I'll help where I can.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Much appreciated, still in the planning stage, I have the fuel system just trying to get it all sorted out in my mind

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I like that! Might have to get one of those. Do you remember the price on it?
I don't recall. It's been on the car for probably 8 years or so.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread