Fore fuel rail question.

esonu

Established Member
I’m doing a whipple install along with the fore fuel rails and id1050x. My question is how are people routing the crossover for the rails? I’ve been trying to search for some information and/or photos but can’t really locate Any information.

01yellercobra

Established Member
What size blower and inlet is it? I ran my crossover in the back under the inlet. I have the 2.9 with a standard inlet.

esonu

Established Member
It’s a 2.9 standard. By chance do you have any pics of how you routed the lines to the front of the rails? I’m trying to keep things as tucked as possible.

GodStang

Established Member
Which version of Fore and which Fore? There are 3 or 4 versions. On both the Fore PW and late made Fore Innovations I ran mine across the front.

olympic

Established Member
Previous owner of my car had it routed over the blower snout in the front and I hated it. So when I upgraded to a 2.9 I relocated it to the back where it's hidden. I also have -8 line all the way back to the pump hat.

20190513_211802.jpg

gtmustang00

Established Member
Which kit did you use? I like that one being in the back. Nice and hidden. Nice clean install.

Tried to quote you Olympic but it didn't work for some reason.

olympic

Established Member
Which kit did you use? I like that one being in the back. Nice and hidden. Nice clean install.

Tried to quote you Olympic but it didn't work for some reason.

I pieced it together myself on Summit Racing.

2x -8 AN male o-ring to -8 male fittings for the fuel rails https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/sum-220165b/overview/

1x -8 AN "T" https://www.summitracing.com/parts/FRA-498204-BL

1x -8 AN PTFE 90 degree elbow https://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-250887B

1x -8 AN PTFE hose end https://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-250890B

-8 AN PTFE lined fuel hose

and 2x -8 AN o-ring plugs for the other end of the rails if none came with the rails. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/EAR-AT981408ERL

If you are using the stock fuel line then you'll need an adapter to connect it to the crossover.

esonu

Established Member
As far as I know I have the newest one from fore. I bought it last year on Black Friday. I have decided to run the crossover in the back like the photo above and run one line to the passenger side and driver side front. Now my issue is the rail hits the bottom of the inlet on the whipple. Anybody have any issues with this? If I tighten the blower all the way down I can’t move the rail 1/8 of an inch to get the bolts to screw down on the rail. If I bolt the rail down then I can’t get to the bolts for the sc mount.

olympic

Established Member
My passenger side rail looks like it had been clearanced (ground down) by the previous owner to clear the blower inlet. You could also slot the bolt holes in the rail to get the bolts in.

01yellercobra

Established Member
It’s a 2.9 standard. By chance do you have any pics of how you routed the lines to the front of the rails? I’m trying to keep things as tucked as possible.
The rear of mine is like Olympic's. I copied him really. I'm running mine dead head as I couldn't get the return to run how I liked. The feed line is run under the air filter to a 90 that goes into the front of the passenger side rail.

94slowbra1

Established Member
Here's mine, same parts as you (2.9 crusher, fore rails, I'd 1050x). I ran the line as tight and close I could. My feed line come in to the front of the pass rail.
Not sure why your rails dont fit? I do know they have a few different versions, maybe yours arent the newest?
20190823_140604-3024x2268_copy_2268x1701.jpg

esonu

Established Member
Appreciate all the help from everyone. I just got it in now. I’m not sure what happened but i just tightened the rails enough for there to be enough room for me to get the ball head Allen in and tightened it down. Then I tightened the rail and it came into position to have a paper thin gap between the inlet and the rail.
Now I’m just waiting for some new fittings for the back of the rail as the 90degree elbow is too close of a fitting for me and don’t think I can make it work.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
I agree with the rear cross over. It looks so much better. I plan to do the same thing, kinda..

I ordered 2 of those low profile 180 fittings from Fore. I plan to go in the passenger side front into the 180 fitting.. cross over the rear, then out the drivers side with another 180 fitting, and have that line run back into the passenger side fender well. Its the cleanest way I can think to do it without running it dead head.

Users who are viewing this thread