Fore 4v 1 LE

Davisenvy

Established Member
The shop called and asked if I would bring the car back a third time just for the day. I asked them about the FPDM and they’re going to get back with me. I’m conflicted because I have scheduled an appointment with Pro Dyno and not sure if I should do the third trip or just cut my losses. Either way, I’ll report back what the fix was. Thanks for everyone’s help.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

MG0h3

Established Member
The shop called and asked if I would bring the car back a third time just for the day. I asked them about the FPDM and they’re going to get back with me. I’m conflicted because I have scheduled an appointment with Pro Dyno and not sure if I should do the third trip or just cut my losses. Either way, I’ll report back what the fix was. Thanks for everyone’s help.

I’d go back and give them a last shot.

Get your FPDM and BAP back.

Find out about the FRPS and get that if they deleted it.

You need to be firm with them. You took them a perfectly running car, you got back a shitty running car.

That means the job is not done. They need to fix it right immediately or pay for someone else to do it.

An alternative is a full refund and they put the car back how it was. (They’ll never take this option).

If they can’t fix it, they need to pay PBD to fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Bullitt1448

Established Member

I would give them their shot at it, doesn’t sound like they are trying to screw you, it sounds like they have made some mistakes and are willing to try to fix it. Make it perfectly clear to them this is their last shot and you will be expecting them to pay for any repairs at another shop if you can prove it was something they did, get it in writing from the new shop with as much detail as possible. You will need to pay for any parts they purchased and installed unless they remove them and it your old parts back on. Very unlikely they will do that though, they will want to keep as much money from you as they can.

Davisenvy

Established Member
I GOT MY CAR FIXED!

It was the little restrictor plate under the fuel pressure sensor. It fell down into the fuel rail and couldn't be seen. It wasn't until they were pulling off the fuel rail to change out the injectors when the little restrictor plate fell off. They put everything back together, dyno tuned again and my car runs FANTASTIC! Idles perfect, no bucking, fuel pumps are quiet, no excessive fuel at tail pipes, PERFECT!

The shop owner told me that if they couldn't fix the problem today then he would give me a full refund. I am soooo glad this is resolved.

I just wanted to post the resolution to my problem for the next guy that might have this issue and thanks for all of the help from everyone.

PC03GT

Established Member
I GOT MY CAR FIXED!

It was the little restrictor plate under the fuel pressure sensor. It fell down into the fuel rail and couldn't be seen. It wasn't until they were pulling off the fuel rail to change out the injectors when the little restrictor plate fell off. They put everything back together, dyno tuned again and my car runs FANTASTIC! Idles perfect, no bucking, fuel pumps are quiet, no excessive fuel at tail pipes, PERFECT!

The shop owner told me that if they couldn't fix the problem today then he would give me a full refund. I am soooo glad this is resolved.

I just wanted to post the resolution to my problem for the next guy that might have this issue and thanks for all of the help from everyone.
Good shit, now go drive that thing

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I GOT MY CAR FIXED!

thats awesome!

never heard of one of those burst discs falling inside the fuel rail, sounds like something that would happen to me. Glad it's finally sorted out!

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
That’s great to hear! Good to hear the shop was willing to standby their work and give you a full refund if they couldn’t fix it. In their defense I don’t think the issue you had was a common occurrence so I can understand them chasing around and trying everything else with no results. This is the first I’ve heard of one of these restrictor discs falling into the fuel rail. I’m glad I followed this because this is the exact kind of issue that will probably happen to me lol. As in just some small hard to find fluke of an issue causing lots of downtime, stress and frustration. I’m expecting a lot of that when I start getting my car back together and running. Again I’m glad they were able to get you sorted out and back on the road of enjoyment with your Cobra. Speaks a lot about the shop you were using. It’s not always about the mistakes they make but how they handle them. Especially some fluke of an issue as this was!
Congrats OP now go drive the hell out of that thing!

Quick question for anyone that knows.
is this the same disk in the fuel rails that Kenne Bell makes an upgraded one for? I just seem to remember a lot of people having the fuel rail pressure sensor disk bursting before and causing similar issues. That just occurred to me after hearing what the problem and fix was. TIA.

-Ken

Last edited:

Davisenvy

Established Member
Image1708186853.897664.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I GOT MY CAR FIXED!

Having the car fixed is better than a refund and having a bad running car

Users who are viewing this thread