Fords threating all "mustang" enthusiest websites, aftermarket companies, forums, etc

ZimStang

Established Member
Stop Ford Trademark Lawsuits

Apparently ford doesnt like their loyal customers, I dont know about any of you... but if they start throwing out lawsuits to any website that has the word "Mustang" in it, Ill be one of the first to sell my car for one of those new camaro's or chargers coming out. (Sad to say I actually said that). Ford needs a wake up call, because Im sure Im not the only one.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Old news but still a bonehead move by Ford. Let's hope they wise up and realize it's these aftermarket companies that make the Mustang successful.

BooRail85

Banned
1stCobra said:
I will also be one to sell my cobra.....

+1 .. it will be hard to do, since I am such an avid Stang fan.. but I wouldn't be able to rep. such a douche of a company.

Guess Id have to go to the dark side and get a WS6. Nah.. I'll just go back to DSM's.

WayFastWhitey

Gin and Jews
Established Member
omg...who really gives? we all know where to go to talk about mustangs, etc all ford is doing is protecting something they have legally trademarked.....although this does have a "lars ulrich, metallica -vs- napster" feel to it....i dont feel betrayed enough to sell my stang (if i hadnt already sold mine in favor of a bigger house for my family)

from a legal stangpoint fords right on the money....from a moral stand point its an idiot thing to do, but since when have big corporations had morals?

personally im not a FORD guy....im a mustang guy and if youre stupid enough to sell your mustang b/c the whiney ass ford corporation doesnt want people using their trademarked names then ill be first in line to save these cars that you didnt deserve to own in the first place.....its kinda like people protesting how bad america and its government is but not having to balls to gtfo.....lets see when/if this happens if youll really sell out to try to prove a point......a point that ford will not feel....b/c for every one person whos gets their panties in a wad theres 2 more people to replace them, more and more teens to buy up the mustangs you say you will sell.....

Last edited:

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
WayFastWhitey said:
omg...who really gives? we all know where to go to talk about mustangs, etc all ford is doing is protecting something they have legally trademarked.....although this does have a "lars ulrich, metallica -vs- napster" feel to it....i dont feel betrayed enough to sell my stang (if i hadnt already sold mine in favor of a bigger house for my family)

from a legal stangpoint fords right on the money....from a moral stand point its an idiot thing to do, but since when have big corporations had morals?

personally im not a FORD guy....im a mustang guy and if youre stupid enough to sell your mustang b/c the whiney ass ford corporation doesnt want people using their trademarked names then ill be first in line to save these cars that you didnt deserve to own in the first place.....its kinda like people protesting how bad america and its government is but not having to balls to gtfo.....lets see when/if this happens if youll really sell out to try to prove a point......a point that ford will not feel....b/c for every one person whos gets their panties in a wad theres 2 more people to replace them, more and more teens to buy up the mustangs you say you will sell.....

Ditto man. This is exactly what I was thinking. I like you am really not a Ford fan, infact I really dont even like Ford but I do like Mustangs and more specifically Cobras, and I didnt work my ass off to get the car Ive always dreampt about just to sell it because the company who makes it does something like this.

97BlackSnake

PUNSNAKE
Established Member
well i wouldnt sell my car however it is ****ed up cuz what happens if the aftermarket companys say screw ford and start focusing on chevys and other garbage and not on fords because other companys dont thromw lawsuits at them! I wouldnt recomend selling your cobras however doing a write up on how stupid this move could be and having alot of people stand behind it from this site because this is such a big site might make a difference it might not who knows!

I would actually imagine it is really just referring to using FORD in a form or other. I wouldn't want a website to be called FordsRacing.com and not get any money for them using the companies name if I was them. Espicially if the website ends up being a scam or lousy site then giving ford a bad name.

audioqueso

Established Member
Wow... so they're trying to pull the same bullsh!t that Monster Cable did last year, huh? Yeah, if it ever happened, I would definitely go up to the Ford dealership, talk to the head guy localy, and tell them I don't want my Cobra anymore because I do not want to support Ford anymore. Ridiculous.

Shake&Bake

1998 Triple Black Cobra
Established Member
Signed...only 1682 sigs :nonono:

This is a cheap attempt at getting some quick cash. I'm sure some bean counter thought this was a good idea.

Wildpony

Established Member
Bill Ford and his company need to worry about making a profit- Not worrying about what outside companies offer above and beyond his "stock" offerings.
If they would do it themselves - and I'm talking about everything from factory installed spray on bedliners and remote starters on their trucks to any conceivable gear, exhaust, engine option that we would like.
Ford could sell everything directly that their dealers do as an option currently and hoard all of the $$ themselves. They are such dumbasses sometimes..

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
And people wonder why this is the last Ford I will own for a long time. :nonono:

-Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread