Fords New Patent for Grocery Getters

Machdup1

Established Member
Interesting. I guess it would be more convenient than climbing in there to collect the groceries. This is why I let the dishwasher buy groceries.

First world problems.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Nah fam

I just picked up groceries at the Harris Teeter pickup lane after work. Muoy busy/lazy today so it worked out. Anyway, Roll up in the new 18' F150 SCrew and the back seats are up. When they are up, and with the big ass floor mat, I have about 5 acres of property behind my front seats. I could've taken the grocery store with me.

I don't need a conveyor belt.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Walmart online ordering and pickup FTMFW. Place order. Choose when you will arrive to pick up. Drive to store. Call them to announce your arrival. Person wheels groceries to your car and loads them. They are not allowed to accept tips. It’s great. Instead of an hour or more in the store it takes 5 minutes. Plus, you spend less because you don’t make any impulse buys. The topper? Service is completely free!

No thanks on the conveyor...just put bins in the trunk. Groceries get loaded into the bins. When you get home carry the bins inside and unload. Then replace the bins in the trunk for next time.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sounds like a fun idea... but once the groceries got to the top of the belt and you had more to go, they would just start falling all over the place.

08mojo

Established Member
Sounds like a fun idea... but once the groceries got to the top of the belt and you had more to go, they would just start falling all over the place.

That's what I was wondering? I guess if the belt length in the 'cargo' area is the same length as the belts on the back of the seats, then you would just fill up the cargo area belt and tell it to transfer to the belt on the back of the seats.

I've got to agree with the article: this is likely a patent to protect the idea from competitors and not something to make it to market.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
"That said, it's important to take this patent application with a grain or two of salt and not assume it will reach production. Automakers routinely apply for technology patents that may very well never end up in car -- by applying for a patent, even though the automaker in question won't use the tech, it prevents competitors from doing so"

So, when a big company does it, that's just business. If a small company or individual does it, they are "patent trolls".

ptrolls.PNG

CV355

_
Established Member
Who the hell uses paper bags anymore? Plastic ain't gonna stay put. Better put those groceries in a crate on the belt or you're in for one hell of a mess.

Users who are viewing this thread