Ford's New Mustang Billboard Idea...

CyberDaveA

Established Member
I hope this isn't a repost...

Ford is planning on using these huge lexan billboards that blur the backgrounds from any angle...

ford.jpg

:burnout:

einzatgroupen

03 cobra
Established Member
Sounds and looks like a bad marketing campaign. But I guess it beats seing another car commercial with classic rock. Either way I wish they would do something good for once. The last good Ford comercial I saw was for the Maurader.

Pure03Venom

Imma Ho...
Established Member
It looks like something that people will only see the blurry background and be trying to figure out WTF....and never even notice the little white horse in the bottom corner...and not have any kind of clue as to what the whole thing is for. And, what about night time? it is going to blur the black background? Yes...sign me up. lol

Over all, sounds and looks like a very bad idea...poorly thought out. Does not make me think mustang at all.

Seancass

HELLACIOUS
Established Member
that would be awsome, but maybe up the size of the mustang emblem.

edit: perhaps tieing them into a tv comercial first would help people understand. like a superbowl comercial so everyone would see it. but oh wait, no body's going to watch this superbowl. end old rant.

Last edited:

NB99COBRA

shut em down open up shop
Established Member
I like the idea, but I agree, it wouldn't make me think mustang if I didn't know what it was for. They should either make the pony bigger and toward the center, or actually put the car on it...just my .02

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Seancass said:
that would be awsome, but maybe up the size of the mustang emblem.

edit: perhaps tieing them into a tv comercial first would help people understand. like a superbowl comercial so everyone would see it. but oh wait, no body's going to watch this superbowl. end old rant.

+1 to everything he said. (Except for the "nobody's going to watch the superbowl" thing. I love the Superbowl.)

FranticFocus05

Established Member
I agree, I even had to look hard for the mustang.... I woudlnt expect the average driver to catch it.

Why not put the actual car or the pony more in the middle and have only whats behind the car/pony blurred.. :shrug:

Be interesteing to see what ford actualy comes out with :pop:

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
It's a huge billboard not a tiny little picture like the ones posted here, of course people will see the Mustang logo. When ever they think of the cool billboard they seen traveling down the road they will also remember the logo in the corner which = marketing success.

Users who are viewing this thread