Ford's Allocation Strategy - Let the Mark Ups Began

OneSVTFan

Established Member
I see the 2007 GT500 story playing out again with the new Boss. If you remember if you wanted a GT500 you were going to pay up to $20,000 over MSRP. Well with Ford's allocation strategy get ready for the story to play out again. These cars are only going to go to the big dealers and if you want one you better get in line and bring plenty of cash. I heard of one dealer is having a lottery and the lucky winner will be expected to put down $5,000 and then pay the market adjustment over MSRP which they are estimating to be $10,000. I have been dealing with a small dealer in Alabama and he told me if he got an allocation it was mine at MSRP...well you know the story..he will not be getting an allocation. For the life of me I do not know why Ford would not make the cars to equal demand. Yeah, I know some of you will come back and tell me that this is a collector car and it will be worth six figures one day...we will see...as I recall the GT500 was a limited production car.....look at the lots and ebay to day.. For most of us we just want to enjoy the car but I will not suppport the greedy dealers who want to mark these cars up.

OneSVTFan

Established Member
RDJ....I know what the allocation strategy is and I know that dealers are being notified....try buying one....that is my point. If there is a dealer offering one at MSRP....let me know and I will give you a down payment right now....let's see how many responses I get to that offer...

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
RDJ....I know what the allocation strategy is and I know that dealers are being notified....try buying one....that is my point. If there is a dealer offering one at MSRP....let me know and I will give you a down payment right now....let's see how many responses I get to that offer...

my point was your post was redundant and could have been made in that thread and gotten more and better responses there.

snakecharmer

Established Member
Why anyone would pay what will amount to a Shelby price for a Boss escapes me. Yes, it is a nice car, but it is not worth the sort of price that dealers are going to charge. To be sure, if they can get some fools to pay 10 or 20 over sticker for it, more power to 'em. But anyone that pays over sticker for them is an idiot and is just pissing money down an instant depreciation hole.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I am like the op. I would love one but will NOT pay over MSRP for one I don't care how 'rare" they are

Supernova

Established Member
I agree totally with the two previous posts! I'm very interested in the Boss, but just the thought of having to deal with all that crap to get one turns me off to the idea...

Last edited:

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
Why anyone would pay what will amount to a Shelby price for a Boss escapes me. Yes, it is a nice car, but it is not worth the sort of price that dealers are going to charge. .

it depends on what your passions and your use for the car would be. right?

if i had a gt500 and a boss laguna seca in front of me for the same money, i'd take the boss anyday and twice on sunday. as a track car the either boss product will run rings around a shelby on a road course. i dont care about straightline speed or driving fast on the street or about big dollar luxuries.

i also know i wont have to pay shelby prices for a base boss anyway.

Last edited:

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
it depends on what your passions and your use for the car would be. right?

if i had a gt500 and a boss laguna seca in front of me for the same money, i'd take the boss anyday and twice on sunday. as a track car the either boss product will run rings around a shelby on a road course. i dont care about straightline speed or driving fast on the street or about big dollar luxuries.

i also know i wont have to pay shelby prices for a base boss anyway.

IIRC, Ford said it was only quicker than the GT500 on small tracks, and even then, they didn't specify if they were talking about a PP car or not.

Also, with some of the ADMs the dealers are already talking about, you will be paying GT500 prices for a regular boss, which I think was the poster's point that you were responding too.

42RCODE

To Many Toys !
Established Member
For the dealers charging outrageous mark ups I hope the cars rott on your lots.:nonono: I am thankful my dealer will not do a mark up.

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
For the dealers charging outrageous mark ups I hope the cars rott on your lots.:nonono: I am thankful my dealer will not do a mark up.

I am going to call a couple of the local, larger dealers and see what they say. I am certian one of them will have a nice sized markup on it. The last 2011 gt500 PP I saw on their showroom still has a 10k ADM on the windshield. I will report back when I hear.

42RCODE

To Many Toys !
Established Member
I am going to call a couple of the local, larger dealers and see what they say. I am certian one of them will have a nice sized markup on it. The last 2011 gt500 PP I saw on their showroom still has a 10k ADM on the windshield. I will report back when I hear.

10K seems to be the norm. Out of the maybe 6 dealers here in San Diego I expect the one that I have talk to be the only that will not add a ADM.

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
I expect ADM's will be widespread when the car arrives. When was the last time Ford released a limited edition Mustang that did not have an initial ADM? GT500, KR, Shelby GT, Bullitt, Mach 1... all arrived with a markup.

All of these can be (or could have been) purchased new at or below MSRP once the initial feeding frenzy wore off. Admittedly, some took longer than others, but the lesson here is: Good things come to those who wait.

Proverbs 21:16-17
Whoever strays from the path of prudence comes to rest in the company of the dead. Whoever loves pleasure will become poor; whoever loves wine and olive oil will never be rich.

BTW, do we even know how much this car will sticker for? I fear that many are underestimating what the MSRP will be. If it's more than a GT ($30-40k) and less than a GT500 ($50-60k), will that put it in the $40-50k range MSRP, with the Leguna Seca model near the top and the standard Boss 302 closer to $40k???

Last edited:

CAPTAIN JACK

Established Member
am getting 5 units, if the market stays quiet, and if dealers don't start talking to each other about ADM's, maybe MSRP can happen, remember always that the " market" drives
a price, if someone jumps at the car and goes nuts, then very soon all will get crazy.

42RCODE

To Many Toys !
Established Member
am getting 5 units, if the market stays quiet, and if dealers don't start talking to each other about ADM's, maybe MSRP can happen, remember always that the " market" drives
a price, if someone jumps at the car and goes nuts, then very soon all will get crazy.

Do you know when they actually be built ?
And do all dealers know what the are recieving as far as the Boss goes ?
Thanks for your input.

Husker

Established Member
Do you know when they actually be built ?
And do all dealers know what the are recieving as far as the Boss goes ?
Thanks for your input.

My dealer sent me this from there SZM:

You've earned a Boss for 1st quarter! It will NOT be a Laguna Seca package.

XXXXXXX
Sales Zone Manager

Husker

CAPTAIN JACK

Established Member
Job #1 date 1/18/11...as for Boss...who knows at this time..dealers are/will be informed
of their allocation(s) ..or lottery system for other dealers

Users who are viewing this thread