Ford won't sell me a bolt for my supercharger

fakesnake.com

Established Member
I noticed on my engine that it doesn't come with a bolt in the center of pulley but a plastic push pin. The earlier builds had them but they must have discontinued adding the bolt.

I went to dealer to buy one so I could install it for peace of mind. They said the part had a special code that prevented customers from ordering that part.

What's up with that?

Got-Cobra?

Established Member
I went through the same thing a month ago. The dealers are clueless! The don't have a part number for it unless they replace the hole supercharger assembly? Right!!!

So I decided to go out and look at the ones on the show room and none of them have one. It was a mid year change on the 03 Cobra, Harley truck, and Lightning. :shrug:

Ford probably saved a lot of money eliminating one dang bolt, thanks FORD! :bash:

fakesnake.com

Established Member
They found the part number, just not authorized to sell it to consumers.

I don't think we have to worry, but makes me feel better having one on there.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by fakesnake.com
They found the part number, just not authorized to sell it to consumers.

I don't think we have to worry, but makes me feel better having one on there.
What's the part number? I'll look into it.

fakesnake.com

Established Member
I can get you the part number tomorrow. It has a "H" code or something like that which means you can't sell it to consumer.

Thanks.

ALA G8R

Banned
What other purpose does that bolt serve but to fill the pilot hole? It doesn't secure the pulley. Other than looks, why do you need a bolt opposed to a plastic plug?

Got-Cobra?

Established Member
Originally posted by ALA G8R
What other purpose does that bolt serve but to fill the pilot hole? It doesn't secure the pulley. Other than looks, why do you need a bolt opposed to a plastic plug?

It sure makes you feal a lot better after doing the pulley change though. Kind of gives you a warm fuzzy without the bolt being on there. I know it won't come off both still, just one of those things........:coolman:

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
If it makes you feel that much better, get one from a hardware store. :) I also would like to know the part number so I can see if I can get it thru the shop. -Mat-

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
from a post by 4D THNDR:

"It's an 8mm bolt, fine thread, about 1.25" long with a large washer, hardened."

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
Originally posted by Xplicit
I couldn't get them to sell me or borrow while i was there, a security torx bit to take off my pony grill emblem.

If you have a drill press, you can make one.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Originally posted by Xplicit
I couldn't get them to sell me or borrow while i was there, a security torx bit to take off my pony grill emblem.

I bought the security torx bit at a local auto parts place for $3 and then a week later ACE Hardware (ACO) was selling a whole toolkit including ALL the security bits (Torx and other odd shapes) for $9 -- so I bought that too.

BAD PNY

Established Member
Guys what I did was used one of the bolts that held the original idlers in place. When I got the metco idlers, metco sent bolts to use. The stock Idler bolt with washer is perfect and matches my RR pulley. Both are bright silver. HTH

Users who are viewing this thread