Ford to reintroduce Mustang SVO?

Would you like the return of a Turbo Mustang

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
hmmm, the SVO Mustang had the same power as the GT.. so I'm thinking a tweaked V6 EcoBoost to match the 412 hp in the 2011 GT..

boatcop1

Established Member
hmmm, the SVO Mustang had the same power as the GT.. so I'm thinking a tweaked V6 EcoBoost to match the 412 hp in the 2011 GT..

Why would Ford do that to their baby, the 11 5.0? Makes no sense to produce a vehicle that is equal to the GT with a just a different powertrain! The 11' already comes with a stout V6. I cannot see them doing this as there is already alot of Mustang options out there to chose from.

mnewxcv

Established Member
i loved the svo but damn. They have so many damn packages as it is on the 11s. would the svo be better or worse than the gt? why would someone want an svo over a gt, and vice versa? price? it would only be competing with itself.

RedFord96

Established Member
What would be the point? Pretty much everything in that article would compete directly with trim levels Ford already offers the Mustang in. Unless Ford uses the 2.0l Ecoboost used in the Explorer, which would be weaker than the V6.

Not to mention that with the original SVO it ended up competing with the 5.0 and since the prices and power output were similar, most didn't choose the 2.3l turbocharged over a V8.

Last edited:

hweb30

02 V6
Established Member
I wouldnt see them as offering an entire new engine, but maybe offering a turbocharged version of either the current V6/5.0GT and call it a day. No sense in making an entire nother car.

1Bad04Mystic

Established Member
The ecoboost V6 would be pretty sick as a DD, and should still get pretty good mileage. If you could keep you foot out of it

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
I hate to say it, but the rumored Turbo Camaros could make Ford push forward to maybe making the TT V6 the new GT and replacing the GT500 5.4l Supercharged V8 with a DI 5.0L TT...

Making the line-up look like this...

V6 - Base/Entry level Mustang

TT V6 - GT

5.0L V8 - Maybe the Boss or even return of the Mach. Considering we seem to always have that 1 extra V8 model between the GT and Cobra.

TT 5.0L - Shelby/Cobra

I just don't see the 5.4L being around past this 2012 year model..

oldmodman

Established Member
I would.

If the engine is a direct injection 7.0L V8, twin turbo, with 8 speed paddle shifter, and cylinder cut for better MPG at freeway cruise.

That should be capable of 32 mpg highway and 800hp at the wheels after a little careful tuning.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
As long as the core of the Mustang program remains the support of the 5.0 Coyote and their revamped V6, I don't have a problem with them releasing special editions, as long as they are in limited production and don't really affect them (Ford) financially one way or the other.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Why would anyone be against more options?!

Bring it on. I assume it would be at a lesser cost than the 5.0.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I would.

If the engine is a direct injection 7.0L V8, twin turbo, with 8 speed paddle shifter, and cylinder cut for better MPG at freeway cruise.

That should be capable of 32 mpg highway and 800hp at the wheels after a little careful tuning.

dont forget the carbon fiber body panels while your at it andrew :thumbsup:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Thats all Ford needs is to make ANOTHER "specialty" Mustang.

but it wouldnt just be a "specialty" mustang in name only. its a whole different engine. not like a california special or bullet that just has a few different options. a completely different motor is pretty significant.

Why would anyone be against more options?!

Bring it on. I assume it would be at a lesser cost than the 5.0.

id be all for it. :rockon: i dont think it would cost less than the 5.0 though. cost is based on production numbers and im sure (for now/awhile) the 5.0 will be produced in larger numbers than the ecoboost motors.

5.0 power with V6 mpg would be the selling key. you wouldnt get the sweet V8 sound though :(

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
that article is nothing but pure unadulterated speculation taken from a one word answer given to a single question. How much more stupid can you get than to extrapolate that pile of bullshit story?

I think another SVO would be a good thing but I bet it is several years down the road yet.

Users who are viewing this thread