Ford to make speed limiter

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
i think your link doesnt work........

but no on speed limiters, cause next itll be power limiters, then mileage limiters (IE total mileage yu can drive per day before being taxed on it).

Sublimize23

Established Member
80 mph seems way too high. Way more than enough to be fatal. I don't think the problem is excessive speed, but inattention to the road. The volume limit is probably a step in the right direction.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I didn't really speed before I was 18. Then I got the Lightning and buried the needle :).

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
just another bandaid fix.

make the license tests harder so shitty drivers cant get their license like they just walked into WalMart and picked one up.

Vigilante

Established Member

make the license tests harder so shitty drivers cant get their license like they just walked into WalMart and picked one up.

I think everybody says and will agree to that. The actual driving portion is way to short. I know in Europe its a lot harder to get.

crew_dawg16

Established Member
80 mph seems way too high. Way more than enough to be fatal. I don't think the problem is excessive speed, but inattention to the road. The volume limit is probably a step in the right direction.

You do realize that the interstate speed limit is 75 mph in some states, right?

tallfreak

Just a newb
Established Member

x1000

I am 21 and I thought my drivers test was too short even when I was 16. I drove a total of maybe 2 miles on very rural roads with no traffic and only through 1 stop sign. I turned left out of the parking lot, turned left about a mile down the road into another parking lot and went back. I now think that 16 is too young. I know that the majority of the kids in my high school were not responsible enough at that age. Hell, most of them still aren't responsible enough.

I think you shouldn't be younger than 17 to get a license. I think the driving portion should be at least one 30 minute drive covering as many different types of driving as possible. You don't get your license until you get 90% of the driving test and written test and you get it suspended (at the least) at the first moving violation or accident that is your own fault. Charging a fee to get the first license can help cover the more strict tests. A driving test should be mandatory every year for at least two more years to renew the license. After that, you are free.

I hate to say it, but it should be illegal for new drivers to drive 400hp+ cars. And the only motorcycles should be 600 class and under. This should apply until the last driving test is finished.

If the U.S. started doing this, the streets would be so much safer. Just imagine how many lives would be saved. :idea:

/RANT

BOT, I think Ford is doing a great thing here. But maybe the limiter should be adjustable. 80 does seem kind of high.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member

I know up north its usually 65mph for interstates, but down here in Florida is 70-75mph with the flow of traffic being 80mph.

But I will agree that the problem for most accidents isn't from top speeds, as most accidents are caused at lower speeds due to inattention.

I just can't picture a moment where I absolutely had to exceed 80mph, except to speed carelessly. I'm 19 now, so I can still clearly remember the driving behaviors of me and my friends at 16, but through high school and while driving my
Eclipse [up until 6 months ago] I had my fair share of stupid acts in doing more than 80[since buying the Cobra, I've oddly enough slowed down my driving.lol.] and having fellow schoolmates that would do 100+mph in their altimas..thats high school for ya

Long story short, I think this will not completely fix the problem with youth accidents..but its a start and Ford is doing what they can on their part to put a foot in the right direction.

darkhorse276

Established Member
While I seldom do over 80, it's sometimes necessary. A limiter like that is going to leave people clogging the slow lane, because it doesnt leave you any room for acceleration. What if you need to speed up to pass someone and get over? I just think there are better ways of going about fixing the problem

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member

cuban

Established Member
where in japan are you? on base its free btw but i know the locals have a hard time with it due to the expenses involved. nothing like an annual road tax and bi annual inspection plus insurance, and of course the oh crap i hit somebody now i need to get them a gift fund.

Last edited:

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
in America you can have the iq of warm mayonnaise and still get a license. this really wouldn't solve a thing and people like us would hack it anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread