Ford Tech Clutch and Tranny Question

PushingSpokes

Established Member
Here is my dilemma. Somehow I burnt my clutch out within the first 6 months and 3,800 miles on the car (I know I don't know how to drive, besides that). I bought a new Centerforce clutch to replace it. If I take it to the dealership (which has been super cool to me even though I am honest with them and tell them that I don't take it easy on the car and they've been fixing it anyway without much of a fight) and ask them to check out the clutch what should I expect them to say or do?

Second question, I let my wife drive the car a few weeks ago and she was trying to put it into 3rd gear and some f***ing how found reverse instead and heard a slight grind and since then the car grinds going into reverse. What can I ask the dealership to do about this?

Am I just out of luck and need to deal with this on my own?
Thanks

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Im sure it didn't go In reverse. She prolly tried to go into 1st an it grinded. Have ford install your new clutch an do a crank relearn an your good to go

ed209

Established Member
i don't quite get what you are asking. if you are asking if the dealer will install your clutch, they might but they will charge you for it. as far as the trans itself, she might have done some damage to the gears or slider by forcing it into reverse at speed. did the car actually engage reverse? the synchros in the trans should prevent it from doing that...

based on my experience, you'd have to have the most understanding dealer on the planet to get them to look at that under warranty, especially since you are modified.

Users who are viewing this thread