Ford SVT warranty motor replaced at dealer

aweaver73

Established Member
What does having factory motor replaced at dealer with new svt motor do to the value of a 2001 cobra?It has 17 k on it and 49k on the car. Does car lose value by not having original motor I mean it was replaced by ford with svt motor is this car still an original car?

stangposse

Established Member
If it was all documented and it was a "new" crate motor installed by Ford, with a warranty still intact, it would be a good thing to me.

I'd still want to drive it and hear it before buying though.

aweaver73

Established Member
Drove it it runs and sounds great guy wants 10 grand interior mint no ext scratches dents or dings paint is a little flat im gathering up cash to make $9300 offer.car has 49,000 with 17,000 on motor needs brakes e brake doesnt hold other than that only other problem is a cd stuck in radio!

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
check the rest of the car and find out why the motor was replaced, may tell you the history of the car if its been beat on hard. If it needs breaks def. use that to haggle with the guy. cash is always king.

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
Newer Mustangs/Cobras really don't have the whole "numbers matching" thing. And, as far as I know, the replacement motors were WAP blocks. Not a problem unless you're going to really push for the ultimate horsepower out of your car. And it would be nice to find out why the e-brake isn't working properly -- it could be a quick fix or a rather expensive one.

aweaver73

Established Member
Engine was knocking before motor was replaced.I know the guy and know its beenBabied since.It has original battery brakes exhaust etc.Im trying to get him under 10 because nothing has ever been done besides motor Brakes e brake new battery cd stuck in player this stuff is adding up cant get him under 10 k He bought a new truck for 35k last spring and has been letting car go since he drives it once every three months . I know its a good car but cant go 10 grand on my end.I will be patient He has my number and the car isnt advertised See what happens!
Thanks for your replies

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
CD thing is an easy fix however if he doesnt know its easy haggle with him on that...paint can probally be restored with a good detail, if its a fresh car and it runs strong id buy it...maybe take it to a tuner and pay 50 bucks for some dyno runs to see what its putting down

aweaver73

Established Member
All good info! I return to work in three weeks then Im all over this car cant wait.Im shooting for 9500 if i have to pay 10000 im ok but the condition makes me feel like its a deal either way. Hope to be posting my pics 1st week of December than make my little modifications with a bama custom tune and brakes for starters.

Users who are viewing this thread