FORD snuck one past itself (VOPC says ETA to dealer 6/17!)

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
IT IS BORN!!!!!!!!!

My buddy in the plant was watching for my VIN to show up on the system but it is still not there (according to whichever computer he uses)

I got fed up from not having a build date after receiving my VIN on 6-7-02.

I called VOPC (18009623746) and they said "the car was bucked on 6-11 and has dealer ETA of 6-17"

After the paramedics resucitated me:eek: I realized I just missed my car being built:mj: (I had an invite to attend its assembly) but also that if these people are not stark raving mad I will be "with snake" in about a week.:-D

SH!T and SHOVE ME IN IT!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup:

fdaaa088.jpg

^view from my driveway soon???????????

Last edited:

Sonic03

Alaskan Assasin
Established Member
Thats good news man!!! I am going to my dealer today with that phone# and seeing if my car is coming on the 17th like they said 2 weeks ago!! I am getting very anxious, I will have the 1st and only '03 in Alaska.... at least for awhile.

B

blown03cobra

!

Congrats!! even you, you freggin eskimo;-) that must rawk to have the ONE AND ONLY!:beer:

Weasel

Established Member
Hey 00yellowr !

Did you order it with the "sled dog tow " option ?

Weasel

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
UPDATE!!!!!!!!!

My car is rolling through the trim shop right now! It will be parked about 1900 hrs somewhere in Dearborn!

Got the word from my buddy in Vehicle Operations, seems the "walk throughs" have been curtailed somewhat, even for us "insiders".

Don't matter I guess, I've been in enough plants, seen many cars get assembled. Would have been neat still tho........

IT IS BORN!!!!!!!!!

:beer: :beer: :coolman: :beer: :beer:

Sonic03

Alaskan Assasin
Established Member
Re: !

Originally posted by blown03cobra
Congrats!! even you, you freggin eskimo;-) that must rawk to have the ONE AND ONLY!:beer:

I went to the dealer today, they called the VOPC and my car hasn't yet arrived at the port in Seattle, it's on a rail car still. I did NOT get the sled dog option!!! :) My salesperson says that it should be right on schedule, but when I ordered my Type R it was boxed in at the port for 3 WEEKS!!!

Users who are viewing this thread