Ford site finally has the GT350 configurator up!

johnny-longtors

Haikeeba!
Established Member
Why no stereo upgrades without MagneRide? That kinda sucks. I wouldn't want it on mine, since it'll be a street car and I will want to lower it eventually.
So you're gonna spend a grand to drop it, what, another quarter inch? This things already mowing the lawn.... In stock trim I'm sure it will bash parking stops already

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Options looked good to me, nice and simple. Refreshing in today's world. Ever looked at the options list for a new 911? It's disgusting.

Simple? What if I just want a nice touchscreen in my dash, but don't want the fancy magneride, or I want to keep the Recaros? The packages are stupid and include way too much stuff. Stereo should be a singular option, nav a bit extra on top. Recaros should be selectable no matter what. A fancy options pack shouldn't make you give up the nice seats.

I think Ford should absolutely go with a Porsche type options setup where everything is a la carte. No they aren't going to have 400 carbon fiber interior pieces like Porsche does, but at least make seats, stereo, A/C and suspension different packages. Like the Mustang GT does.

Why no stereo upgrades without MagneRide? That kinda sucks. I wouldn't want it on mine, since it'll be a street car and I will want to lower it eventually.

Who says you can't lower it with magneride? Those are just shocks, not the springs.

johnny-longtors

Haikeeba!
Established Member
I think everyone forgets what part of Ford 2000 was all about. Less (individual) options - not more. Bundles move cars through the lines WAAAAY faster than pick lists, not to mention the massive reduction in errors and the ability to "just produce" regardless of orders in the queue.

I don't like it - but it's been this way since the mid-90's. You guys should be used to it by now......

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
I think everyone forgets what part of Ford 2000 was all about. Less (individual) options - not more. Bundles move cars through the lines WAAAAY faster than pick lists, not to mention the massive reduction in errors and the ability to "just produce" regardless of orders in the queue.

I don't like it - but it's been this way since the mid-90's. You guys should be used to it by now......

Being used to it, doesn't mean its a good idea.

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
I just configured one the way I'd like it and realized something: When you opt for the technology pack, the leather seats that replace it are not Recaro seats. And the design of the leather trimmed 'sport' seats look different than the standard cloth seats. I had always been under the impression that they would be relatively close to the same, just with leather and the additional heating/cooling features.

johnny-longtors

Haikeeba!
Established Member
Being used to it, doesn't mean its a good idea.
Oh, I agree - but would you pay 10% more on the MSRP of the car for a pick-list of options? Ford made smart, tough choices to stay aloft in a troubled market segment entering a troubled "economic decade". The fact that we're looking at this car today attest to the logic and worth of the strategy.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Oh, I agree - but would you pay 10% more on the MSRP of the car for a pick-list of options? Ford made smart, tough choices to stay aloft in a troubled market segment entering a troubled "economic decade". The fact that we're looking at this car today attest to the logic and worth of the strategy.

I would rather they drop majority of the technology options entirely and use that organization and man power towards tailoring performance options a little better.

Lemers

Established Member
I would rather they drop majority of the technology options entirely and use that organization and man power towards tailoring performance options a little better.

People will be voting with their wallets between tech and track on both trims. Time will tell if most would rather forgo the tech for track.

I know I didn't. I will spend most of my time behind the wheel on a road not a track. And when I'm on a track; I'm paying to be there not being paid. So, I'm sure the difference I'm capable of between the two is not even measurable. So I choose every day function.

Para81

Established Member
Simple? What if I just want a nice touchscreen in my dash, but don't want the fancy magneride, or I want to keep the Recaros? The packages are stupid and include way too much stuff. Stereo should be a singular option, nav a bit extra on top. Recaros should be selectable no matter what. A fancy options pack shouldn't make you give up the nice seats.

I think Ford should absolutely go with a Porsche type options setup where everything is a la carte. No they aren't going to have 400 carbon fiber interior pieces like Porsche does, but at least make seats, stereo, A/C and suspension different packages. Like the Mustang GT does.

Who says you can't lower it with magneride? Those are just shocks, not the springs.

Dude, you're buying a race car. Let me simplify this painful decision process. Order the Track package with Recaros and be done with it. If you want tech, go down to Best Buy with about $2,500 and build a world class audio system that will be leagues ahead of that Sync crap and be happy. You'll have the tech and track and save 5 grand out of pocket - that can go to your tire fund which you're going to need for the track days.

Edit: I do agree with you on the Recaros though - should be available regardless of tech or track, that had me puzzled when I was ordering.

Last edited:

bpmurr

Established Member
Best Buy+$2,500 does not equal World Class Audio. LOL

In fact right now there is no way to do an aftermarket head unit. Not so easy to beat the full functionality of Sync 3.

Dude, you're buying a race car. Let me simplify this painful decision process. Order the Track package with Recaros and be done with it. If you want tech, go down to Best Buy with about $2,500 and build a world class audio system that will be leagues ahead of that Sync crap and be happy. You'll have the tech and track and save 5 grand out of pocket - that can go to your tire fund which you're going to need for the track days.

Edit: I do agree with you on the Recaros though - should be available regardless of tech or track, that had me puzzled when I was ordering.

johnny-longtors

Haikeeba!
Established Member

In fact right now there is no way to do an aftermarket head unit. Not so easy to beat the full functionality of Sync 3.
Nonsense to all of that. If it's got a hole in the dash and places to put speakers you can put in a stereo. And there are both Microsoft and Android based "sync" systems out there that rival / surpass Sync 3. And if you can't build a decent sound system for $2500 you're spending WAY too much. "World Class" may be a stretch, but good enough for a car - this isn't a high end Lexus or Mercedes we're talking about here. I haven't built a stereo since the "early naughts" - but when I did it was all Alpine and Class A Sony and I'm sure I dropped less than $2500 then - and head units have since come WAY down. I put a custom Zed Leviathan amp and 5 Infinity drivers and full sound deadening in my Sky for under 2 grand.

krt22

Established Member

Who cares about the radio either way, going to have the windows down listening to that sweet sweet flat plane crank

Fast69Mach

Established Member
The main reason for me not getting the R package is that I don't want a race car. The non-R will be a decently fast, fun street car with air conditioning and all the other amenities. As far as the ride height goes, I'll make my decision on how low I'll make it when I see it. I'm not entirely sure if the technology is the same with this car, but with the MagneRide lowering the car may affect the functionality of the system because the shocks will be compressed more than they were set up for at the factory. That's one thing about the magnetic ride on the new Zo6s and why you don't see many lowered yet. As far as the stereo goes, I don't want some crazy powerful ridiculous sound system, but I would like navigation. I get sick of using my phone for GPS.

BlownAway03

Established Member
The main reason for me not getting the R package is that I don't want a race car. The non-R will be a decently fast, fun street car with air conditioning and all the other amenities. As far as the ride height goes, I'll make my decision on how low I'll make it when I see it. I'm not entirely sure if the technology is the same with this car, but with the MagneRide lowering the car may affect the functionality of the system because the shocks will be compressed more than they were set up for at the factory. That's one thing about the magnetic ride on the new Zo6s and why you don't see many lowered yet. As far as the stereo goes, I don't want some crazy powerful ridiculous sound system, but I would like navigation. I get sick of using my phone for GPS.

If Magneride is similar to Chevy's version, which I'm sure it is, lowering the car won't affect it. Many C7Z06's are lowered as well as C7Z51's with mag ride. I lowered my Z51 all the way on stock bolts the first week I got it. It's been a year now and it's fine.

bpmurr

Established Member
Nonsense to all of that. If it's got a hole in the dash and places to put speakers you can put in a stereo. And there are both Microsoft and Android based "sync" systems out there that rival / surpass Sync 3. And if you can't build a decent sound system for $2500 you're spending WAY too much. "World Class" may be a stretch, but good enough for a car - this isn't a high end Lexus or Mercedes we're talking about here. I haven't built a stereo since the "early naughts" - but when I did it was all Alpine and Class A Sony and I'm sure I dropped less than $2500 then - and head units have since come WAY down. I put a custom Zed Leviathan amp and 5 Infinity drivers and full sound deadening in my Sky for under 2 grand.

Right now all you can do is use the factory head unit with aftermarket speakers and amps. Nobody makes mounting kits or a new center panel to accommodate an aftermarket head unit in the S550 Mustang. There is a huge thread on it over at 6G. Nothing in sight from any of the big players either.

Who cares about the radio either way, going to have the windows down listening to that sweet sweet flat plane crank

Yeah that's great and I'm looking forward to listening to the sweet flat plan crank sound. I'll be daily driving my car and on trips would like to listen to music. Ford's base stereo system is beyond terrible.

Last edited:

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Right now all you can do is use the factory head unit with aftermarket speakers and amps. Nobody makes mounting kits or a new center panel to accommodate an aftermarket head unit in the S550 Mustang. There is a huge thread on it over at 6G. Nothing in sight from any of the big players either.

Yeah that's great and I'm looking forward to listening to the sweet flat plan crank sound. I'll be daily driving my car and on trips would like to listen to music. Ford's base stereo system is beyond terrible.

Dude, its not rocket surgery to put in a stereo.

If I could get an R with HVAC, I'd be happy to add my own stereo.

10splaya22

Established Member
I just configured one the way I'd like it and realized something: When you opt for the technology pack, the leather seats that replace it are not Recaro seats. And the design of the leather trimmed 'sport' seats look different than the standard cloth seats. I had always been under the impression that they would be relatively close to the same, just with leather and the additional heating/cooling features.

The design of the leather sport seats are different from the standard cloth seats because the car comes with Recaros as standard. Every car get the Recaros except for the Tech pack GT350

Users who are viewing this thread