Ford Shelby GR-1

Gino

So Long!
"The Ford Shelby Cobra concept was a small step in our plans for the Ford GT supercar architecture and our relationship with Carroll Shelby," says J Mays, Ford Motor Company group vice president of Global Design. "And the Ford Shelby GR-1 is a giant leap toward the future."

shelby04.jpg

More at Media.Ford.com

holy shit, I just happened by this thing now. date claims it was unveiled just yesterday August 12th 2004. anyone have any more pics or info? I can't seem to find anything else online

:eek:

Gino

So Long!
those pictures are incredible mingrey02gt! :eek:

heres another link. looks like this thing is the coupe version of the Shelby Cobra Concept. 2 cars now on one platform based on the GT architecture... guess these things will actually be built after GT production ends. wow is all I can say

8233_image.jpg

:rockon:

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Gino
those pictures are incredible mingrey02gt! :eek:

heres another link. looks like this thing is the coupe version of the Shelby Cobra Concept. 2 cars now on one platform based on the GT architecture... guess these things will actually be built after GT production ends. wow is all I can say

8233_image.jpg

:rockon:

Now were talking :coolman:

03CobraBro

Established Member
Great thing about this car too is, since they dont plan on it being super limited production like the Ford GT, maybe they'll actually go for a somewhat reasonable ammount. (reasonable as in 50 to 70k)

Gino

So Long!
Originally posted by 03CobraBro
Great thing about this car too is, since they dont plan on it being super limited production like the Ford GT, maybe they'll actually go for a somewhat reasonable ammount. (reasonable as in 50 to 70k)

ya, thats what I thought I read somewhere when the Shelby Cobra concept popped up. maybe it was on the show Rides... I can't recall. something about one of the fruits of the GT platform being Viper SR/T, Porsche 911, etc. competition. now that theres 2 cars based on this same architecture, maybe they'll offer it in that price range in both Coupe and Convertible form.

8234_image.jpg

:bowdown:

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Gino
ya, thats what I thought I read somewhere when the Shelby Cobra concept popped up. maybe it was on the show Rides... I can't recall. something about one of the fruits of the GT platform being Viper SR/T, Porsche 911, etc. competition. now that theres 2 cars based on this same architecture, maybe they'll offer it in that price range in both Coupe and Convertible form.

8234_image.jpg

:bowdown:

That is one bad F'in car in that picture right there. :D :thumbsup:

Looks like a cross between an Aston Martain Vanquish and a Viper :rockon:

CGoeschel

Established Member
Our dealership owner was talking to the Pres. of Ford Motor a couple of weeks ago at a function and he said that the new Shelby concept GR1 would be more like 80-90K plus if it ever made it to production.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by CGoeschel
Our dealership owner was talking to the Pres. of Ford Motor a couple of weeks ago at a function and he said that the new Shelby concept GR1 would be more like 80-90K plus if it ever made it to production.

Ahh well... Atleast this time Ford might actually have a chance of swaying potential viper owners to buy there product instead, unlike the 150k Ford GT strictly enthusiest car...

GoatDaddy

Originally posted by 03CobraBro

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Having the Shelby name on it is already worth a "market value adjustment" of about $50-75K over MSRP. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread