Ford Rims vs Replica

melectrok

Ford Driver for Life
Established Member
Sorry guys I hope I am not being redundant but I have received alot of trustworthy infromation from here before. I have 96 Cobra Coupe and I have always wanted the '03 style rims. I finally need new tires so I am hoping to upgrade. I started a post a little while back about this and from the wonderful answers I got there I was able to do some digging and narrow down my options. I really have two choice. I like the 2003 cobra ones not the U shaped or V shaped Cobra R's i think they are. My choices are the ford racing M-1007-S179C or the 28004 from american muscle.

I have waited along time for these and I dont want to make a rash decision based on price. I am wondering if anyone has any first had experence with the quality of these compared together. I have heard that AM rims may have thinner chrome on them but not from any reliable sources. Any options anyone has either way will be awsome thanks.

Beyond that, my car has the MM suspension kit that suppose to lower front 1 and rear .75 inch. I also have -.5deg front camber setup. I am running the factory brakes. The specs on both rims are the same 4.5" bolt, 26mm offset, 17x9". Does anyone know of an close fitment issues with this I should be aware about. I guess my concern is the fender flair in the rear, and the turning on the front.

Lastly what tires sizes has anyone run on these. I have heard both 275/40/17 and 255/40/17. Now I know you want to keep the sideways vertical for handling. The 255 would be 10 inch and the 275 would be 10.8. Both are wider then the 9. Maybe I am looking at this wrong. Any help would be wonderful.

Thanks, and hammer down.

The link to the AM rims - Chrome 2003 Style Cobra Wheel 94-04 Mustang (17x9) at AmericanMuscle - Free Shipping!
The link to my previous post - http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/sn95-cobras-24/777386-svt-5-spoke-chrome-rims.html

Last edited:

clutch09

Established Member
might wanna look here Home Page they have the cobra wheels in 18" which I find look a lot better. They nicely priced and you can get 10.5" wide rears :D

melectrok

Ford Driver for Life
Established Member
I dont want 10.5 in the rear, i would to be able to continue to rotate my tires front to back to get good lift out of them.

I wouldnt mind 18x9 but that site didnt have a package of 4 18x9's.

Users who are viewing this thread