ford racing tuner

Timeless

TK-421
Established Member
not worth the money compared to SCT or Diablo

Unless you want to stick within warranty.

Dealership is putting this in for me this week on my new Mustang...it is the kit with the K&N Filter.

It is surely not as agressive as other tunes, but I wanted to keep my warranty in tact and most importantly remove the skip shift.

warlockgs

Established Member
Unless you want to stick within warranty.

Dealership is putting this in for me this week on my new Mustang...it is the kit with the K&N Filter.

It is surely not as agressive as other tunes, but I wanted to keep my warranty in tact and most importantly remove the skip shift.

Uhm, I thought unless the tune actually causes the problem, that they can't deny you warranty coverage.

Did I not get a copy of my Magnuson-Moss Act?

rexisme

Established Member
Uhm, I thought unless the tune actually causes the problem, that they can't deny you warranty coverage.

People like you are morons. Can you prove it didn't? Will your tuner go to bat for you? They can deny you all they want. By the time it's all said and done it will cost you more $ fighting them than it would to just pay. Plus, you gotta pay to play. The magnmoss act was to prevent dealers from doing dumb shit like voiding the warranty on your motor cause you lowered your car.

ghostrider7953

Established Member
Timeless give me a follow up after its in. Presently I don't want to screw with my warrenty and I see this as having my cake and eating it too.I have an automatic and that tuner is not out yet.

Timeless

TK-421
Established Member

People like you are morons. Can you prove it didn't? Will your tuner go to bat for you? They can deny you all they want. By the time it's all said and done it will cost you more $ fighting them than it would to just pay. Plus, you gotta pay to play. The magnmoss act was to prevent dealers from doing dumb shit like voiding the warranty on your motor cause you lowered your car.

While not resorting to name calling, you hit the head on the nail. Who is going to spend thousands of dollars on legal fees to fight something like this unless it is a MAJOR repair. Like it or not, the dealerships have all the power to make the initial decision and make your life hell....so work with them and use what the service manager (the guy that can void your powertrain in the computer system) is comfortable with. My service manager happens to own a Mustang and loves the add ons and is very comfortable with the things I added at the time of purchase (Roush exhaust, Roush shift knob, Ford performance tune).

Timeless give me a follow up after its in. Presently I don't want to screw with my warrenty and I see this as having my cake and eating it too.I have an automatic and that tuner is not out yet.

Will do. :burnout:

Timeless

TK-421
Established Member
Timeless how did the tuner fair out ?

The car only has 150 miles on it, so I am not doing anything crazy yet. I do LOVE that the skip shift is gone though. :)

Maybe I'll dyno the car when it gets over a 1000 miles on her.

Right now I am trying to decide on whether to keep the Roush mufflers or not as they are hella loud under any kind of throttle.

DIB5.0

Established Member
They did not change shift pressure or strategy. Not worth the money compared to a e mail tune from a tuner.

warlockgs

Established Member

Straight to name calling? Come on now, let's have a higher level of discourse than that.

I'm pretty good friends with my service manager, and he's assured me they're not voiding my warranty because I loaded a tune on it. By the time it gets around to having enough miles on it to become a worry, the car will be on its second or third owner, and the warranty will have been a thing of the past. I don't run the tune all the time, either. I load it when I go to the track, and unload it when I come off. Pain in the ass, takes a few minutes each way, but keeps me resting well.

Now, whether or not my service manager speaks on behalf of FoMoCo is debatable, and they do rely on service techs and managers giving them the information they need to deny warranty coverage, so I suppose as long as I don't piss off my service manager, I should be good to go.

If the engine ever fails at the track, I'm paying the repair cost anyway; there's no reason Ford should be paying my racing bills. That would be, um, well....moronic.

ghostrider7953

Established Member
I'm waiting for the tuner to get here; should be here by Thursday with the install Friday or Saturday.
This is my company car so I can't take too many chances. If I'm happy with it -great- if not there are other options.
I tend to be conservative in mods especially after seeing a new goat( still had the window sticker on it)- on the bottle - grenade the engine and launch its hood. Yea the guy was an IDIOT; he wired the system some kinda way with his radio. While he was stagging he was listening to the radio( don't you love those guys who share their crap music with everybody around them) all the while filling his intake with juice. It finally reached its limit and exploded. I felt bad for the guy and his wife because now they are paying a car note on a POS for the next 60 months. This happened at No Problem raceway in Donaldsonville, LA.

Timeless

TK-421
Established Member
Thought I would update the thread by adding my dyno sheet I had done.

93 Shell Fuel, 5th Gear, Dynojet SAE corrected, all nannies turned off. It hit the limiter at 146 MPH or around 6850 rpm. It is a lean tune in certain areas, but Ford tells me this is intended.

2011MustangGTDynoSheetColor.jpg

Timeless

TK-421
Established Member
Do you know your stock #'s?

Never bothered with stock as the tune has been on my car from the beginning. Just wanted to make sure I got better numbers than American Muscle did where they showed it lost power versus the stock tune which never seemed right with me.

I believe stock GTs in 5th gear pulls usually go from 360-370...so the 384 is fine with me. It was mainly about keeping my warranty, removing skip shift, and getting some increased usable power.

lsp408

Established Member
I'm waiting for the tuner to get here; should be here by Thursday with the install Friday or Saturday.
This is my company car so I can't take too many chances. If I'm happy with it -great- if not there are other options.
I tend to be conservative in mods especially after seeing a new goat( still had the window sticker on it)- on the bottle - grenade the engine and launch its hood. Yea the guy was an IDIOT; he wired the system some kinda way with his radio. While he was stagging he was listening to the radio( don't you love those guys who share their crap music with everybody around them) all the while filling his intake with juice. It finally reached its limit and exploded. I felt bad for the guy and his wife because now they are paying a car note on a POS for the next 60 months. This happened at No Problem raceway in Donaldsonville, LA.

Nice company car.....All I got is minivan for company car....

Users who are viewing this thread