Ford Racing TB + extras, SCT Tuner, JLT Oil Sep and more

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
Ok, according to the instructions and a few install guides I found, you need to modify a plastic connector. The new connector and the one on the car will not mate. So you need to pull the wires out of the clip, remove the red insert in the clip with a small flat head, and then reinsert the wires. From what I can gather from this, they give you a new plastic clip in case you damage the one that's there already in the process. Its the clip on the throttle position sensor, so in worst case they are readily available from Ford.

So everyone who buys the 90mm tb from ford has to go through this process. It's not a problem specific to this tb only. Can you send more pics of th tb to [email protected] please

I can shed some light in this since I had the FRPP 90mm TB at one time. As said, the FRPP TB come with a new connector that you switch/depin the OEM connector for the new one. It's not hard but it is necessary. As far as availability of this connector, I'd try to find the part number and cross match it. Alot of times the connectors are cheap but shipping is stupid.

I'll post a pic of this connector in a sec. I'm on my phone at present.

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
I can shed some light in this since I had the FRPP 90mm TB at one time. As said, the FRPP TB come with a new connector that you switch/depin the OEM connector for the new one. It's not hard but it is necessary. As far as availability of this connector, I'd try to find the part number and cross match it. Alot of times the connectors are cheap but shipping is stupid.

I'll post a pic of this connector in a sec. I'm on my phone at present.

Thanks for the help. I know the 84.5mm does not require a tune, does this one? Why did you get rid of it? As for the connector, I believe OP said he has one available with the sale....

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
Thanks for the help. I know the 84.5mm does not require a tune, does this one? Why did you get rid of it? As for the connector, I believe OP said he has one available with the sale....

IMAG1061.jpg

Pic of the FRPP connector and the 90mm TB definitely needs a tune

2012GTCS

Established Member
Sorry been away from this thread and site for awhile. Thanks for the help Ultraklassic!

Bump. Needs a home, can't add HP sitting on a shelf in a box!

2012GTCS

Established Member
Bump.

Sorry havent been on here much at all lately. I never had this TB installed on my car. Its literally brand new. I think it was run on a dyno-day and thats pretty much it on my buddies 2011. He ran it with the stock intake and then the boss intake, hence why it comes with both adapters. Then he traded the car in shortly after that for a new Ecoboost F150. I can reach out to him and find out what his numbers were.

Users who are viewing this thread