Ford Racing suspension

Snake40

Established Member
Im installing the FR3 Ford Racing suspension on my 2008 GT 500
What swaybar setting are most of you using on the street? Thanks for any input explaining your choice or experiences.
Thanks Mike

chimazo

Established Member
Most run the middle hole. Here is an explanation/excerpt from FRPP's Jesse Kershaw that was in MM&FF which might help you with your decision:

"These settings range from full race, street/strip, to street only. "The softest setting, the hole the furthest inward on the front sway bar, will give you more oversteer and adds to the fun factor," Kershaw says. "A more experienced driver will probably appreciate this on dry twisties. In wet conditions, or for a less experienced driver, a little understeer can be dialed in by using the outer holes." By increasing oversteer, you are reducing understeer, or push, thus allowing you to drive into the corner deeper and harder without fear of washing up the track. In other words, it makes the car more neutral."

ROBSNAKE

Established Member
I just put my sway bars in last week from Ford Racing.
I went with the firmest Setting and have no complaints.
Cant wait to take off the DRs and put regular road tires on to see how its gonna be.
Thing Im gonne be pleased. Did the rest of the suspension last year and just put these on. What a difference.
Think Im gonna pick up the steeda end links though

Alloy Snake

Established Member
Mine is set in the middle and I like it that way-Of course I never tried the other two holes and dont plan on experimenting any time soon!---Works good on the road course or street in my very limited opinion.

Snake40

Established Member
Ok suspension is on. car is a different animal altogether but strust tower brace wont clear my C&L intake. Doesnt someone offer spacers?
Thanks Mike

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
Ok suspension is on. car is a different animal altogether but strust tower brace wont clear my C&L intake. Doesnt someone offer spacers?
Thanks Mike

Hey man,

You can TRY to use spacers, perhaps a washer, but you'll probably hear a popping noise...etc.

I've also got my suspension dialed in for (3)...and the sway bar in the middle position. I'll be heading to Mid-Ohio for some track time soon, and report on what settings I like best for the track.

Users who are viewing this thread