Ford Racing supercharged GT with a warranty?

Loosescrews

Established Member
I've heard that one can order a supercharged 5.0 from the dealer and it be warrantied? If so, would the cost be less than just buying a GT500?

PhantomX

Established Member
The upgrade alone for parts is $7500 plus labor. I would bet close to $10k by the time your done. It could be done cheaper aftermarket but there is a lot to be said for warranty. If you get $5k or so off the car with discounts and rebates it might be worth it.

Loosescrews

Established Member
The upgrade alone for parts is $7500 plus labor. I would bet close to $10k by the time your done. It could be done cheaper aftermarket but there is a lot to be said for warranty. If you get $5k or so off the car with discounts and rebates it might be worth it.

That is steep but you are right about the warranty. I would be paying for peace of mind. $40k for a supercharged 5.0 with a warranty is very tempting.
:coolman:

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Just because they warranty the part they install does not mean that they cannot void the warranty on the engine after there is a problem because you were "racing" it and/or abusing it, according to them.:cuss:

Ordie

Established Member
From the FRPP Catalog

The Car is warranteed, not just the supercharger.
12-month/12,000-mile warranty (when installed by a Ford or Lincoln dealer)
Federal and state laws prohibit any person from installing aftermarket add-on or modified parts prior to the sale of a new motor vehicle
Vehicle also has to have less than 24K miles on it when installed.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I've heard that one can order a supercharged 5.0 from the dealer and it be warrantied? If so, would the cost be less than just buying a GT500?

You don't order the car supercharged, rather the dealer will install the blower at time of delivery. Make sure the Dealer is authorized to install FRPP packages. If installed within 30 days of sale date, I believe the parts and car are covered by the 36mo/36k mile standard bumper to bumper warranty. If the parts are installed by an authorized dealer and not part of the sale, the parts/warranty is 12mo/12k miles.

Last edited:

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Thanks for the replies. Alot of good info here. :beer:

Not really. The 525hp kit is 12/12000 warranty. The 624hp kit is 0/0. Not much of a warranty. Pretty sure getting it put on a brand new car does not equal full factory powertrain warranty.

The Edelbrock and Roush kits have the best warranty options.

Loosescrews

Established Member
Not really. The 525hp kit is 12/12000 warranty. The 624hp kit is 0/0. Not much of a warranty. Pretty sure getting it put on a brand new car does not equal full factory powertrain warranty.

Basically I would love to have a GT500 but have a spending limit of about what a Boss at MSRP costs. I'm trying to decide what route to go; get a Boss and leave it stock except for wheels, lowering, or get a GT and say screw the warranty and mod the hell out of it or try and go the supercharged from the dealer route. Decisions........:shrug:

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
If you've got a dealer that will put it in writing that your new supercharged 5.0 has full warranty, go for it.

No such luck around here as far as I know.

svt1111

Established Member
Basically I would love to have a GT500 but have a spending limit of about what a Boss at MSRP costs. I'm trying to decide what route to go; get a Boss and leave it stock except for wheels, lowering, or get a GT and say screw the warranty and mod the hell out of it or try and go the supercharged from the dealer route. Decisions........:shrug:

I didn't want another GT500, but I too was considering a Boss.

Ended up deciding on a regular old GT though, budgeted the blower and supporting mods into my purchase decision. Now I have a car that will run circles around a Boss, and I don't sweat it if it gets rained on or dusty sitting in my garage. Less worry means more enjoyment.

Plus I went with the auto, which isn't availale in the Boss ( nor should it be for that matter).

Can't go wrong either way.

Go with the FRPP 525 kit. After you get the car home, throw a pulley and Lund tune on it and call it a day.

SVTStampede

Established Member

Don't forget the Roush Supercharger has similar power and a 3year/36k warranty, and it's about 1000 less than the FRPP blower.

BOD89LX

Established Member
Like the others said get the Roush or FRPP you cant go wrong either way. I drove a Stage 3 Roush today and it was really nice and pretty quick and then drove a GT 500 which has way my low end grunt but both were very nice. I ended up with the GT 500 as my 2012 GT I have been waitng 3 months for got built in the wrong color.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator

I thought the 12/12k reference was if you purchased the package in the parts department after your new car purchase, but if installed from brand new it would carry the warranty for the duration of the bumper to bumper.....similar to the Roush.

That is how the Roush blower was back when it first came out for the S197. If the dealer installed it from new, it would carry the same 36mo/36k mile warranty.....just like the 427R and Stage 3's.

I could be wrong though.

Last edited:

BOD89LX

Established Member
I had talked with FRPP and they said the blower is 12/12 when installed when car is new and the power pack with the tuner and filter and mufflers is a 36/36 if installed when new otherwise its a 12/12 as well when installed 30 or more days from time of purchase.

Loosescrews

Established Member
I had talked with FRPP and they said the blower is 12/12 when installed when car is new and the power pack with the tuner and filter and mufflers is a 36/36 if installed when new otherwise its a 12/12 as well when installed 30 or more days from time of purchase.

Thank you. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread