Ford Racing Performance Parts 4.6L DOHC When

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Ok to all that have read page 25 in the 2002 Ford Racing Performance Parts catalog. Titled "Mustang 4.6L DOHC MODUALR ENGINE PARTS. States 1996-and up cobra 4.6l DOHC new line of performance part will soon be avilable (when)? Cylinder Heads,High lift camshaft kit,Intake manifold, 5.0L aluminum block, Exhaust manifolds, adjustable camshaft sprockets,air induction system ( I can't wait how about you)? they clam that using the heads,camshafts,intake system, headers, and free flowing exhaust and recalibrated computer will give ya 60 extra horses. Wow... 60 horses thats 320(stock) + 60 = 380 with out a supercharger. It doesn't sound like much tho but I bet ya if you add a supercharger the horse power and torque would be nuts!

When?, anyone know?

Last edited:

YELL-OSNAKE

Established Member
hey brad...I don't know when either, but I like yourself, think I'm gonna wait for the frpp long tubes, and maybe the intake/heads combination. according to paul's high performance...right from paul's mouth...the lower intake is the biggest restriction of the whole intake path....that's why you hear of tb's, and larger mass-air meters not making that much of a difference, or even hindering performance. he said the lower intake flows like @300cfm, and the stock mass air/tb both flow @700cfm. the intake is the weakest link...goodbye. if frpp make a high flow unit, then all these other parts Will make the difference...like they do on the 5.0's

As for which cold air...I have a bbk cold air setup. They ought to call it a bbk dress up pipe. the stock unit is plastic....read... is a decent insulator from heat. the bbk unit is metal with a chrome plating, which gets VERY warm after just 5-min of driving....sooo your "cold" air from the fender well goes thru this "heat tube", and warms up the air very nicely for your cobra motor, like mom's chicken soup. so the benefits of the "cold air" in my opinion are negated. the unit seems like it flows a little better, with less harsh bends, which is all good, and it LOOKS damn good when you pop the hood. maybe the densecharger is the better way to go if you are all out racer, and won't sacrifice a little performance for a little show, but I believe even the dens model has some metal tubing...oh well, you give and take.:shrug:

SlvrSnke01

Established Member
Hey Brad,

I just ordered the FR500 cat-back. Any thoughts on how this system will work with a catt'd-x-pipe? I would appreciate your feedback once you install the system. I am installing on a stock h-pipe.

Also where did you order from, I ordered from GEF.
Bill

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
DynoJet From Crazy Horse Today!

:) Well, I guess I'm happy, I got two runs today because my second started to decrease in hp. 288.2 hp / 283.7 torque rear wheel. I wish I tested with a K&N filter, everythings is stock except the x pipe,and throttle boddy(which probably hurt performance) and mufflers(stock catback piping). Its been said is about 15% loss with a stick(rearwheel) so that 331.43hp/326.3torque is that correct at the flywheel? Not the greatest #'s for the Bassini X pipe with cats, but I guess I cann't complain its a stock '99 fix, except for the reflashing computer and high flow cats. The FR500 Catback with the x-pipe should be coming with in two days or so i hope.:rolling: I'll be the first to let ya know if it sounds good with the x-cat pipe. Where did you guy get a good price for a K&N, and is it really true that getting 5-10 hp? I still have the silencer on it would that help on the dyno. Cold air kits are out of the question as on now. Here a pic of today at Crazy Horse.

Last edited:

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
FR500 with Bassini X-pipe

ALRIGHT FINALLY I HAVE MUFFLERS AGAIN!!!! Well guys, it sound bettter than I thought it would. I'm having a hard time discribing it. It doesn't sound like a crauch-rocket (motorcycle), Thank good. When its floored, at about 5,500 to redline, the sound is f***'n amazing. I don't know if its because of the Bassini X-pipe creating a harmonic noise or that just the mufflers. I am not happy with the fit tho. It could be the Bassini or the FR500 kit, the drivers side was short(the to pipes joining), and the drivers side rear is now close to the rear lower control arm bolt. I had to cut the old flanges off to make a spacer. I believe I could have had the job done in under 2 hours if the modifications weren't needed. Over all, very happy so far.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread