ford racing "k" springs

dead man walkin

Established Member
I'm looking to pick some brains. I currently have a brembo pkg gt and I'm looking to swap the springs out with the ford "k" springs because its only a 1 inch drop, I'm only doing 1 inch because I'm planning on putting the California special lower chin spoiler on and Texas has some nasty angle driveways, anyway do I need an UCA and relocation brackets with this set up? If so who is everyones favorite?

86Fbody

Established Member
The K springs are 1.5 I believe not 1, you're thinking about the P springs. When I did mine I swapped LCA's, got relo brackets, PHB and brace to set everything else up correctly. I don't think you "need" relo brackets but your LCA's will be pointing upward which won't help with traction, also shouldn't need a UCA to correct pinion angle.

gtmustang88

Established Member
I have the ford springs for a 1 inch drop. The only other part I needed was an adjustable pan hard bar. I also got the camber bolts but did not need to use them when i took the car in for an alignment after lowering it. The springs have been on the car for 20k miles and I have had no issues.

Last edited:

86Fbody

Established Member
Made sure I put on my flame suit. I went with Whiteline LCA's and relo brackets brace and PHB, but BMR's brackets seem to make more sense for the adjustablity they come with. Your stock bar will work but your drivers side wheel will stick out and the opposite will happen on the passenger side. Not sure if it will cause issues for the DS but it does mess up the rear end geometry.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
FRPP K-springs with adjustable panhard bar and camber bolts only. I run 305/35/19's on the AMR wheels (9.5" wide in rear) with no rubbing or anything. P-springs are even less of a drop so you'd be fine with those.

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
You only need the panhard bar and the springs. K springs will keep your front alignment within factory specs. Nothing else will be needed.

ExTurbo

Established Member
i run P springs (1" drop) and an adjustable PHB, FR LCA's without the relocation brackets. no wheel hop, although i feel like it spins a little more than it did stock. i also added an intake and a tune so i figured the extra spin was from the increased power, however now im thinking the LCA's need to be relocated. hmm

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
with the K-springs, the inside of my front tires wore horribly. They might have been able to align it without the bolts, but the bolts are very cheap and easy to install.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
I went through this when I was buying the springs. Some people didn't need bolts/plates, and some people did.

yeahloh95

Established Member
i just put the k springs on and ordered the bolts, i get it lined up wed, i would rather have them and not need them than the other way around.

86Fbody

Established Member
i just put the k springs on and ordered the bolts, i get it lined up wed, i would rather have them and not need them than the other way around.

No way you would need bolts, but good idea just in case. Probably be at about 1.5- in the front with the drop.

h4cHi

Established Member
This is my before and after with K springs
Before:
1375139409670_zpsa7013ae5.jpg
|
After:
20131028_170415_zps354032e1.jpg

I installed a UCA LCA PHB from Hotchkis and a UCA mount from BMR with this

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
I needed the bolts with my K springs. Its a touch low for my taste but it looks pretty bitching with the 305's in the rear.

OveRBoreD

Established Member
I ran the p-springs for a couple thousand. Did nothing but the springs and everything was within alignment specs. Individual results may vary...:)

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
Here is my car on the Vorshlag bilstien street kit with FRPP K springs. This is with BMR adj panhard and vorshlag CC plates. As stated the K are 1.5" drop

E2B492B0-37F5-4247-81FA-D4E5A8EE517F_zpspoqnfrx6.jpg

F6056767-472E-4C1A-987F-C3C4413755BE_zps6xgubg3m.jpg

1F63FB1E-C0DA-47C0-8583-3745ED7D5953_zpsq7ks6nhv.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread