Ford Racing dual mode exhaust

r6bullet

Established Member
I have been searching around for a few months now for the "right" exhaust, a freind of mine said that the Ford Racing FR500 exhaust sounds good.
Here is a link to it
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=4953

It is not made any more and was wondering if anybody has this exhaust or have any opinions about it. I did search and found a little info, if I did this catback I was planning on using an o/r X. I have really been looking at the SLP LM2 with maybe a catted bassani X. Let me know what you guys think, and if you know of a place that still has them for sale. Thanks
Also I plan on ordering something this friday, this stock exhaust is just killing me. Also I rode in my friends 03 Cobra, he has a Bassani catted X with the Bassani catback. I liked the sound of that and like how the tips fill the bumper.

Thanks for the help guys:beer:

2004silvercobra

Established Member
i have the bassani mids with there catted x pipe and the ford racing 3inch cat back and you wont find a better sounding exhaust out there. its not high pitched or to deep, just right. loud enough at idle outside but not inside and loud when you get on it but can cruise at a good sound if needed.

r6bullet

Established Member
Do you have the M55 or the M58? The M58 is what I am looking at, it has the x after the mufflers.

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
I have the bassani x pipe with there cats and FR500 dual core mufflers and the bassani tip resonators and love them.
No drone on HWY real quiet in a vert but when rpms are above 3500 its great but going thru neighborhoods is nice and quiet.

r6bullet

Established Member
Thanks guys, I knew there wouldn't be tons of replies as most people don't have this exhaust. I have been calling around and just like I thought, I can find it. Looks like I just may get the LM2, that is what I was looking at to begin with. I can't wait, this car needs some exhaust BAD.

wheelhopper

Established Member
I have the FR500 with a catted X pipe. The sound is slightly deeper than stock, but not much. I like it that it is quiet and you can enjoy your stereo without having your ears ring afterwards.

I got mine off of Ebay, shipped for $275. I thought that was a deal. Your best bet in finding one is the market section and Ebay.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
My car had it on it when I purchased it. Very quiet, actually too quiet for my taste. Friend of mine said that it sounded great outside the car though.

04CobraMatt

Established Member
Red Turtle said:
My car had it on it when I purchased it. Very quiet, actually too quiet for my taste. Friend of mine said that it sounded great outside the car though.

Thats why i got it. You can run an off-road mid pipe without the car being annoying half the time. As a cat-back alone, i agree its to quiet compared to stock.

Users who are viewing this thread