Ford racing b and c springs opinions?

Strikeking10

Established Member
Im going back and forth between the two ad wanted some opinions for people that have them or have had them. Like how stiff is the ride between the two? And how much did each one actually drop the car?

LGHTNG02GT

Established Member
^I had those springs too. they werent stupid stiff and didnt beat me up going down the road. dropped right around 1-1/4" i would say. maybe 3/4" in the back. i too took the iso's out for more of a drop, though i didnt notice any noise.
ultimately i pulled them out and got a set of H&R SS's. i wanted the biggest drop and H&R's are very talked up in the Mustang world and i see why

MustangMatt77

Established Member
Not sure if your aware but the springs will compress at a different rate. One will get more stiff the more it compresses (progressive) until it reaches it's weight limit, the other will be the same stiffness the whole time. Just can't remember if the "b" or "c" is the progressive ones. I changed mine out for the "progressive" springs. It dropped a inch in the front and 3/4 in the rear. Used new iso's. No issues, did notice a small amount of sway in corners as the springs "progressed" to their max load. Not real noticeable.

Strikeking10

Established Member
Not sure if your aware but the springs will compress at a different rate. One will get more stiff the more it compresses (progressive) until it reaches it's weight limit, the other will be the same stiffness the whole time. Just can't remember if the "b" or "c" is the progressive ones. I changed mine out for the "progressive" springs. It dropped a inch in the front and 3/4 in the rear. Used new iso's. No issues, did notice a small amount of sway in corners as the springs "progressed" to their max load. Not real noticeable.

The B springs are the progressive ones, the C fronts have close to a 200lb higher spring rate in the front then the B spings.

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
I have C's on my vert and absolutely love them. Of course I also have bilstein's and the x2 balljoints with no spacer too. My ride is very stiff but thats what I was going for.

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
don't get either. they hardly drop the car and it ends up still looking 4x4. isos in, and it didn't even drop a full inch in the front much less in the rear. they ride smooth compared to others but they are crap as far as stance. never found the right dampers for them either. in the end you will want to go lower so don't skip out and just get the H&Rs from the beginning. I have them on now paired with bilsteins and its much better albeit a bit stiffer but it feels firm and satisfying knowing your car is actually making contact with the road. Cs are stiffer than Bs as the Bs are progressive. I wouldn't buy them again.

aloo1

Established Member
i have the b springs. not my first choice but i got them new basically for free so i cant complain too much. they didn't lower my car as much as i hoped. still looks high but i run a 275 up front and a 315 in the rear so any lower and i'd rub alot so it worked out well for me. sorry no pics. as for the ride, i only had 15 yo stock springs w/ shot shocks to compare it do so probably not a good comparison either.
-alan

FoxFour

Peace,Love and Soul!
Established Member
I have C springs with poly isos front and rear. 275-40 series tires front and rear. BTW, the B spring rates are not much stiffer than OEM '96-'98 Cobra springs.
IMAG0061.jpg

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
^^^^ Definitely photoshopped! lol jk. But mine had less of a drop with B springs. It used to piss me off to walk outside and see it all 4x4. H&R ss now, no looking back!

nomoretickets

Established Member
Rocking B springs with iso's front and rear on Koni Orange. Sits similar to the old Eibach's but rides much better in my opinion. Not slammed by any means, but still sits nicely. Ride quality is sporty but not bone jarring. If you plan to hit lots of twisties, may want to go with something stiffer. If you are into drag racing, or just street cruising, B springs will be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread