ford racing 750 hp supercharger upgrade kit

le rafiot

Established Member
Racing ford asks for the numero of serie of the vehicule to calibrate the programeur.est that he can cancel ford's guarantee on my gt 500 2010

Last edited:

toyotasupra916

Established Member
hey le rafiot, do you have this kit fully tune on the car and had you run in to any problems yet?

Last edited:

MD03SVT

Established Member
hey le rafiot, do you have this kit fully tune on the car and had you run in to any problems yet?

He drove it home (600 miles) after the install then put the car in his local ford dealers showroom were it will spend the winter,the kit is complet and I like the idea of an up graded fuel pump over a boost a pump and injectors.There is lots of room to up the HP with a custom tune ,pulley swap ect.I am thinking of putting this kit on my 2010 not that I didn't like the TVS on my 07 I just want to do something different so after I sell the TVS I will decide.

toyotasupra916

Established Member
He drove it home (600 miles) after the install then put the car in his local ford dealers showroom were it will spend the winter,the kit is complet and I like the idea of an up graded fuel pump over a boost a pump and injectors.There is lots of room to up the HP with a custom tune ,pulley swap ect.I am thinking of putting this kit on my 2010 not that I didn't like the TVS on my 07 I just want to do something different so after I sell the TVS I will decide.

cool thats for the information md03svt. i have a customer ready to drop the 6k for the kit. he just wanted to know if anyone had ran in to any problems.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
The question that I have asked over on the Team Shelby Super Snake forum, but have not gotten a reply.................How can the 2010 Super Snake w/this 750 horse Ford Racing blower kit produce virtually identical RWHP as the 2007-2009 725 Super Snakes with the KB???

Early in the Super Snake build some guys were bringing their 725 KB cars to the chassis dyno, we saw 634-638 at the rear wheels, that is documented. Now a 2010 Super Snake has been tested by Motor Trend and the car puts out 635?!?!? Where is the extra 25 h.p. disappearing on the chassis dyno? Either one blower set up in overrated? or one is underrated?

Picture-3.jpg

Picture1648-1.jpg

R

Last edited:

MD03SVT

Established Member
To add fuel to the fire in the install instruction's provided with the FRPP kit they mention a 700hp +775hp kit but no 750hp...

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
To add fuel to the fire in the install instruction's provided with the FRPP kit they mention a 700hp +775hp kit but no 750hp...

I am definitely not trying to add fuel to any fire, but I do like real facts. If numbers don't add up when two cars are built by the same builder to the same specs., those specs being fully 50 state emissions friendly, all original cast iron manifold 2.5" catted exhaust system except the 2.5" Borla cat-back, and a difference of a 2.8 KB (and its tune) rated at 725 h.p. vs. this Ford Racing/Whipple 2.9 (and its tune) rated at 750h.p., and the chassis dyno shows the same rear wheel numbers? How can this be? :??:

I also realize that there is a competition for sales/numbers between these two vendors, and I also realize that KB took the lead a couple of years ago and others are now catching up.

None of this reflects on SAI, they list the specs provided to them by each vendor for the GT500 application. But since they build cars and the cars have to meet certain federal specs, it takes the "user/owner" mods and possible h.p. differences out of the numbers comparision.

One other point of interest, the second picture in my post above.............This 750 horse SS has the Cooling System Upgrade Package installed. This is something that was not available a couple of years ago when the 2007 and 2008 Super Snakes were first being dyno'ed.

R

Last edited:

DonEverett

Established Member
I think if they have different rear gears that could change the rwhp by 20 or so depending on the difference. http://www.kennebell.net/techinfo/ford-techinfo/ShelbyTechTips.pdf has some of their findings with this mentioned, and a KB Gears Dyno Results | 2010 Ford Shelby GT500 Review at Automotive.com from one of the magazines. Just a thought....

Another idea is 2010 vs older gt500s may have difference in tuning that isn't fully exploited yet. Also, different dynos will net different numbers from even the same setup.....

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I think if they have different rear gears that could change the rwhp by 20 or so depending on the difference. http://www.kennebell.net/techinfo/ford-techinfo/ShelbyTechTips.pdf has some of their findings with this mentioned, and a KB Gears Dyno Results | 2010 Ford Shelby GT500 Review at Automotive.com from one of the magazines. Just a thought....

Another idea is 2010 vs older gt500s may have difference in tuning that isn't fully exploited yet. Also, different dynos will net different numbers from even the same setup.....

That was also taken into consideration in my Super Snake comments..........As part of the Shelby Super Snake build, 3.73 Ford Racing gears are installed, so all of the cars, the early Super Snakes 2007/08 (as well as 09's) and this 2010 have a 3.73 gear set. These cars also have the same 1pc. aluminum driveshaft installed as well as the same 20" Alcoa tire wheel combo's, so that takes all of the "spinning/rotating" differences out of the equation.

I agree that the tunes may not be fully exploited, but the claimed numbers are what they are, 725 and 750. You would think that these numbers would be fact by the time they come to market. Each has to fully meet EPA/C.A.R.B specs for Shelby (as a car builder) to install them, so there is a point where they go beyond what the EPA allows. For example the KB produces 810 with a pulley change and a different tune (both items available through KB), but, it does not meet C.A.R.B specs., so this exploitation is beyond 50 state legal and Shelby can't install that 810 KB tune and pulley.

Different dyno's, also a factor, so which dyno is correct?

R

Last edited:

DonEverett

Established Member
Dynos aren't standardized (well you can do sae correction but thats a different topic) and different elevations (pretty much negated by superchargers though), temps, humidity, and a myriad of other things could effect numbers on even the same dyno let alone two different dynos. Dynos are more of a tuning tool then an outright horsepower meter. In fact, you can't compare two cars #'s unless they were on the same dyno under similar conditions. I had my supercharged 94 vert dynod at three diff shops and the rwhp varied by almost 30hp depending on the type of dyno, and how the operator set it up.

Also they are rated at 725 and 750 flywheel hp, which given drivetrain loss would be closer to 10-12 hp difference at the wheels anyway. If you look at even stock gt500 numbers people post they differ by more then that. I wouldn't be too concerned over the actual numbers other then the fact that they are both bad ass cars!

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Dynos aren't standardized (well you can do sae correction but thats a different topic) and different elevations (pretty much negated by superchargers though), temps, humidity, and a myriad of other things could effect numbers on even the same dyno let alone two different dynos. Dynos are more of a tuning tool then an outright horsepower meter. In fact, you can't compare two cars #'s unless they were on the same dyno under similar conditions. I had my supercharged 94 vert dynod at three diff shops and the rwhp varied by almost 30hp depending on the type of dyno, and how the operator set it up.

Also they are rated at 725 and 750 flywheel hp, which given drivetrain loss would be closer to 10-12 hp difference at the wheels anyway. If you look at even stock gt500 numbers people post they differ by more then that. I wouldn't be too concerned over the actual numbers other then the fact that they are both bad ass cars!

The 634-638h.p. that I quoted above was from 3 different 07/08 Super Snakes, three different parts of the country and three different shops/dyno's. That is why I was thinking that they produced a quotable chassis dyno average for the 725 Super Snake at the rear wheels. Then I saw 635 on the 750 horse 2010 model and started to scratch my head, especially when this car has the cooling system upgrade which "should" allow it to stay up in h.p. even when it gets hot. I also realize that this 2010 is the poster car for the 2010 SAI Super Snake production, a person would not think that it is on the "lower side" of the horse power spectrum, not if you are trying to sell Super Snakes.

Yes, they are both cool cars, my question was with the quoted h.p. ratings between these two S/C set-ups.

R

Last edited:

WA 2 FST

Established Member
Robert, here is just a guess... and I know the graph MT uses is not the actual graph, but a reprint. But I see the '10 SS making 635rwhp at 6110rpm, and that's as hard as it looks like they spun it to me (just based on how the graph reads). My guess is that at 6250-6300rpm, it will make more than 635rwhp based on the fact the HP is continuing to climb when they shut it down at 6100.

maybe the "missing HP" is just a matter of reaching a higher rpm, which is where the higher peak HP will be recorded.

Users who are viewing this thread