Ford Racing 2013 shelby Radiator Fan

jk57

Established Member
Been looking at installing this fan on my 2012 just to get the temperature down a bit .Just bought the car in Nov and put a steeda tune on it so far not looking to track it or drag race it but do a lot of road trips and traveling during the summer. Have any else put one of these on your Gt? Any input would be great.

nyuk98GT

Established Member
jk57,

Welcome!

I can't answer your question from personal experience but most people (here) will replace the radiator and the fan to improve cooling when adding a power adder.

As a start, take a look at the grille. The grille insert [on the '12] is not very open so you may try a billet grille (very open) to get more airflow into the radiator. A new rad (e.g.--Boss, GT500 (not sure if this fits), Fluidyne, BeCool, etc.) will provide more cooling capacity. The 7-bladed fan will help to move air and it is plug-and-play.

HTH,

Chris

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
I have one but installed the reische 170 stat at the same time. It helped and head temps are usually 190-195 in the summer here. It fits in place like the stocker.

jk57

Established Member
Thanks for the input it sounds like it's doing it job even though it's not really a performance thing it's a good investment for these 5.0s

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Last edited:

jk57

Established Member
Just a update i put the fan on today not a bad job about two hrs . When the fan is on it is a bit louder but it sounds more powerful than the stock fan so i think it was a good investment and will help keep the engine a bit cooler .

Users who are viewing this thread