Ford Raching 624 hp Supercherger

c6dreamvette

Established Member
I have a few questions........

How much should it cost to have this kit instaled?
How safe is this kit on a stock block?
What other mods are a must with this kit?

Thanks,

sorry just realized I misspelled Racing...........Dam fat fingers

Last edited:

Mika

Established Member
One step colder plugs is highly suggested, and an intake I believe is all you need for the blower kit. Install should run you around $1000-1500. I spoke to the folks at SNL Performance(in Haslet), and they said they'd install it for somewhere around that price.

I'm making an assumption that the kit is safe as long as you keep the tune that its designed for.

Mika

c6dreamvette

Established Member
Thanks for the quick response! I think this is the routI will go when I purchase my 2011 or 12, 5.0...........
We have a dealer in my home town that will instal all ford racing products before you take delivery of the car. I just want to make sure they dont rip me off on the install............:??:

Mika

Established Member
Thanks for the quick response! I think this is the routI will go when I purchase my 2011 or 12, 5.0...........
We have a dealer in my home town that will instal all ford racing products before you take delivery of the car. I just want to make sure they dont rip me off on the install............:??:

Just as a heads up, dealers will charge anywhere from 15-20 hours for the install. Multiply that by hourly rate, and you will end up with more like $1600-2000. Dealers are going to charge more, but they also have Ford tech's installing your parts.

Mika

Mika

Established Member
I had always heard the stock plugs were basically TR6's and should be fine on any power you'd make on the stock motor.

"For optimum engine performance, Ford Racing recommends M-12405-M50 Ford Racing spark plugs."

Taken from...

Ford Racing Performance Parts

They may be making money on plugs, but I'd still rather play it safe by spending another $100 on plugs. Hope that helps :). :beer:

Mika

Last edited:

kingnut

Established Member
Just as a heads up, dealers will charge anywhere from 15-20 hours for the install. Multiply that by hourly rate, and you will end up with more like $1600-2000. Dealers are going to charge more, but they also have Ford tech's installing your parts.

Mika

thats supposed to make someone feel safe? the same techs that were only putting in 5 quarts of oil during an oil change.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
"For optimum engine performance, Ford Racing recommends M-12405-M50 Ford Racing spark plugs."

Taken from...

Ford Racing Performance Parts

They may be making money on plugs, but I'd still rather play it safe by spending another $100 on plugs. Hope that helps :). :beer:

Mika
Gotcha, I see that now. Yeah there's a chance they want some extra cash, but a little extra insurance never hurts...thanks

Mika

Established Member
thats supposed to make someone feel safe? the same techs that were only putting in 5 quarts of oil during an oil change.

Lube rack guys are not going to be putting blowers on. Driveability guys or heavy line guys would be installing these kits. At least that's how it works around here. Techs specialize in a certain aspect of the car.

Mika

kingnut

Established Member
Lube rack guys are not going to be putting blowers on. Driveability guys or heavy line guys would be installing these kits. At least that's how it works around here. Techs specialize in a certain aspect of the car.

Mika

good to hear.

Users who are viewing this thread