Ford Procal Tune Update

silverspec

Established Member
Hoping someone can answer this for me.
I recently picked up a used Procal 2 with the M-9603-MGTB tune\memory card(this does not include the launch control\lopey idle). Does anyone know what's involved in getting it switched\updated to my VIN and to the newer M-14204-MGTC tune(with launch control\lopey idle)?

TrackpackGT

Established Member
I believe it has to be "installed" at a Ford dealer. You might want to call a few and see what they would charge, if they even know what it is.

silverspec

Established Member
Thanks. I plan to goto the dealer for the install. Was inquiring to see if anyone had any input in changing the tune to the updated one and if Ford would charge full pop or a reduced amount since I already have the procal tool

silverspec

Established Member
So I ended up speaking to Ford Racing tech support. No way to update the tune, even though I already have the procal tool and it's just a memory card that needs to be changed :(
Heads up for anyone else that buys a used M-9603-MGTB

5lho

Established Member
Problem is it isn't just a new tune. Ford changed the ECMs mid 13 to dual path and that meant a rewrite. This is why the Track Key isn't backwards compatible to the 11-12 and early 13 cars. However, the tune you have is still pretty fun, even w/o the add-ons.

silverspec

Established Member
Problem is it isn't just a new tune. Ford changed the ECMs mid 13 to dual path and that meant a rewrite. This is why the Track Key isn't backwards compatible to the 11-12 and early 13 cars. However, the tune you have is still pretty fun, even w/o the add-ons.

Good to know

Users who are viewing this thread