Ford ProCal or Bama ?

HrsePwr

Established Member
Hi guys.
Im new to the site.
I picked up a 2011 Mustang Gt brembo pack last Sept (6spd Manual) Its an amazing machine!!
Skip shift was annoying so I had it un-plugged. Also I hate how it shifts. Im thining of getting a Steeda Base Shifter upgrade ? And a local guy was selling a 1 week old set of Pypes Pype Bomb axel backs for $80. He hated the sound so I picked them up. Couldnt pass on that offer ( they bolted right up & sound decent IMHO ).
Anyways car was stored in Nov. For winter and will be coming out in 2 weeks :)
Although the car has Power Im looking for more. Ultimately the car will be fully bolted with jet cobra IM , cams etc or Blown. But I will take my time with this build. For this year I am focusing mostly on suspension and a little bit on power. Sorry for the above non relative info ^.

Anyways here is my question :

Should I go option 1 or opinion 2 ?

Option 1:

1) Aem cai
2) Bbk / pypes / ford racing X-pipe
3) Ford Racing Procal Tuner

Option 2:

1) Jlt cai
2) sct x4 tuner with BAMA E-mail Tunes
3) pypes Offroad x-pipe (catdelete) or Offroad h-pipe.

Now I know that option 2 will provide more power. But I re-call seeing this thread :

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ustang-GT-Performance-Cal-Filter-Dyno-Results

Which shows a manual putting out 403rwp/393rwtq with just x-pipe,axelbacks & Ford Pro Cal tuner.

So what do you guys think ?
Go with the e-mail tunes or go with the Ford ProCal for now and once I get more serious mods like LTH,intake manifold etc get a cust dyno tune ???

RiskyRick

Established Member
Your best bang for the buck and 9/10 peoples answers is going to be this

NO cai just stock intake
Offroad X or H
AED, Lund, VMP or other reputable tune

motoman620

Established Member
If your heart is set on Procal or Bama for your tune I would go Bama V2 before Procal. You will see better gains from the Bama tune.

bodon

Established Member
I just did the JLT and Bama yesterday on my 14 GT. Very happy with it. Plus youre dealing with AM and they are very consumer friendly. I'd recommend them. If you do any tuner install be ready for it to run like crap when you first start i t. In 2-3 minutes it will improve dramaticly. I didn't know about that and thought this was a mistake. Takes afew minutes for the computer to sort things out.

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
Hi guys.
Im new to the site.
I picked up a 2011 Mustang Gt brembo pack last Sept (6spd Manual) Its an amazing machine!!
Skip shift was annoying so I had it un-plugged. Also I hate how it shifts. Im thining of getting a Steeda Base Shifter upgrade ? And a local guy was selling a 1 week old set of Pypes Pype Bomb axel backs for $80. He hated the sound so I picked them up. Couldnt pass on that offer ( they bolted right up & sound decent IMHO ).
Anyways car was stored in Nov. For winter and will be coming out in 2 weeks :)
Although the car has Power Im looking for more. Ultimately the car will be fully bolted with jet cobra IM , cams etc or Blown. But I will take my time with this build. For this year I am focusing mostly on suspension and a little bit on power. Sorry for the above non relative info ^.

Anyways here is my question :

Should I go option 1 or opinion 2 ?

Option 1:

1) Aem cai
2) Bbk / pypes / ford racing X-pipe
3) Ford Racing Procal Tuner

Option 2:

1) Jlt cai
2) sct x4 tuner with BAMA E-mail Tunes
3) pypes Offroad x-pipe (catdelete) or Offroad h-pipe.

Now I know that option 2 will provide more power. But I re-call seeing this thread :

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ustang-GT-Performance-Cal-Filter-Dyno-Results

Which shows a manual putting out 403rwp/393rwtq with just x-pipe,axelbacks & Ford Pro Cal tuner.

So what do you guys think ?
Go with the e-mail tunes or go with the Ford ProCal for now and once I get more serious mods like LTH,intake manifold etc get a cust dyno tune ???

Hey HrsePwr,

Welcome to SVTPerformance - Good question here and right from the hip I would shoot for the JLT Cold Air Intake and Bama X4 Tuner - The ProCal is a great piece of equipment but I feel having driven a co-workers GT equipped with the ProCal extensively it was just lacking - He recently just swapped to a C&L CAI with 95mm MAF & Bama X4 Tuner and we shot a little video to get some driving impressions. Again having driven Zach's car a lot here I can attest to the night and day change, his car now feels like it's a muscle car (Or Pony Car if anyone wants to split hairs!) he Check out the video below and let me know if you have any questions!

[video=youtube;VzAeXdo5EN8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzAeXdo5EN8[/video]

If your heart is set on Procal or Bama for your tune I would go Bama V2 before Procal. You will see better gains from the Bama tune.

Thanks for your feedback Moto!

I just did the JLT and Bama yesterday on my 14 GT. Very happy with it. Plus youre dealing with AM and they are very consumer friendly. I'd recommend them. If you do any tuner install be ready for it to run like crap when you first start i t. In 2-3 minutes it will improve dramaticly. I didn't know about that and thought this was a mistake. Takes afew minutes for the computer to sort things out.

Hey bodon - Sorry to hear about the trouble on the first go! Did you get your firmware updated? About 99% of the issues upon first start are usually related to the firmware - If there's something else going on don't hesitate to shoot me a PM and I'll work with your directly along with the Bama Team to get you help!

Alex

Bullitt 3309

Established Member
Your best bang for the buck and 9/10 peoples answers is going to be this

NO cai just stock intake
Offroad X or H
AED, Lund, VMP or other reputable tune

This FTW OP! When it comes to a tune, do not cheap out. You are already spending the coin for the hand held tuner, don't cheap out on WHO does the tuning... I ran a Pro-cal for about 6 months. At the same time a work mate had the Bama tune with JLT CAI on his 2012 GT. Other than that our cars where equal. I consistently pulled him by a car a roll. Bama did not data log his tune... The Pro-Cal is good for warranty retention only. It leaves a lot on the table compared to a reputable tuner.

Sizeth3

Established Member
Hey HrsePwr,

Welcome to SVTPerformance - Good question here and right from the hip I would shoot for the JLT Cold Air Intake and Bama X4 Tuner - The ProCal is a great piece of equipment but I feel having driven a co-workers GT equipped with the ProCal extensively it was just lacking - He recently just swapped to a C&L CAI with 95mm MAF & Bama X4 Tuner and we shot a little video to get some driving impressions. Again having driven Zach's car a lot here I can attest to the night and day change, his car now feels like it's a muscle car (Or Pony Car if anyone wants to split hairs!) he Check out the video below and let me know if you have any questions!

[video=youtube;VzAeXdo5EN8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzAeXdo5EN8[/video]

Thanks for your feedback Moto!

Hey bodon - Sorry to hear about the trouble on the first go! Did you get your firmware updated? About 99% of the issues upon first start are usually related to the firmware - If there's something else going on don't hesitate to shoot me a PM and I'll work with your directly along with the Bama Team to get you help!

Alex

Hey Alex,

I am very interested in a BAMA tune, I am curious why the stock dyno appears to stop at 6k rpm in the video. Thanks!

HrsePwr

Established Member
Thanks for all the replies.
I also heard about keeping the stock k&n cai and put and off road x-pipe with a tune.... as I am aware most of the power gains come from the tune.
2ndly Thx Alex for that vid :) I have seen it before.
Also talking to a few very seasoned Mustang guys they seem to say that Bama was NOT good b4, but they are hearing huge changes with the new bama team and hence the V2 tunes.
Also another option I am thinking about is Steeda.....
Steeda cai, cat deletes , bbk/pypes/ford racing x-pipe and Steeda tune :)

I appreciate everyone saying Lund,Vmp,aed etc. But I will either be going with a steeda tune,Am v2 or procal.
I do have a local tuner who is anazing but charges $500 for a street/dyno tune which I just cant justify with the little mods im doing this season. Once I go fully bolted I am hands down getting a custom tune on the dyno.

Also if any1 has any graphs of what they did b4 / after with just a : cai,tune/xpipe etc would be great :)

Users who are viewing this thread