Ford Performance Speedo-Calibrator question

TimKonaGT500

Established Member
I have the Ford Performance Speedometer Recalibration M-4209ADPT-AC

Reading the directions and the additional directions on line, it looks pretty easy on the engine compartment installation.

I found the Green & White wire that is supposed to be the Output Shaft Speed (OSS) output signal. But it is not in the right location on the plug as called out in the instructions (specific instruction on that wire for 99-01 Cobra)

There does not appear to the a red/yellow wire on the same plug that call out to use for the key on power.

Anyone done the install on their 99-01 Cobra and can give some help?

Nick01cobra

Established Member
I recently removed a Mustang Calibrator on my 01 Cobra. It was wired to the speed sensor on the transmission. My hand held tuner calibrated the car and I haven't had any problems. It is almost dead on. I have it due to larger wheels and 3.73 gears.

Sent from my SM-G900T using the svtperformance.com mobile app

TimKonaGT500

Established Member
OK... after lots of online searching, I got the car back from the gear install and got under it this morning.

The wires coming out of the speed sensor on the transmission are solid orange and Dark Gray/Pink (red?), The dark gray/pink seems close to the one they say do not cut, and then the other wire is orange rather than dark green/white

Looking at my 16 pin connector, I find the solid orange wire. It is in PIN 9. That is not the pin the instructions show for the non-Cobra (Pin 15) nor the 99-01 Cobra (Pin 2)

So, still confused and looking for anyone that may have installed one on a 99-01 Cobra. Would like to do the engine bay install as it will be more accessable if I change tire size.

Thanks

TimKonaGT500

Established Member
be715d53002968fbc9599485f8cea956.jpg

Here is the connector at the sensor on the trans.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread