Ford part number for a 'front' parking brake cable assembly

Toasty

Established Member
I think there are a couple of active SN-95 forum guys who have access to the ford parts computer system. If so, would someone mind looking up the Ford part number for a 'front' parking brake cable assembly for my 97 SVT? Mine broke today.

Latemodelresto.com has them listed here as a ford supplied part;

94-98 PARKING BRAKE CABLE, FRONT MUSTANG

but no Ford part number. My local Ford dealer has decided to put morons on their parts counter who are telling me that the only way to get the cable is by purchasing the whole brake level assembly which is $250 CDN dollars.

I've pinged Steve @Tousley, but getting stuff this small shipped to me in Canuckistan from the USA is a PITA, especially if its with UPS or FedEx(eg: $20 brokerage fees on a $30 part). USPS is passable, but Latemodelresto doesnt seem to want to ship via USPS anymore. double PITA. Also, my car is kinda down until I get this frickin cable installed. I tried the local Napa-type dealers but all they list are the left and right rear cables. Local ford dealer would be best for me - they'll get whatever I want once I get a part #.

Last edited:

Toasty

Established Member
I think there are a couple of active SN-95 forum guys who have access to the ford parts computer system. If so, would someone mind looking up the Ford part number for a 'front' parking brake cable assembly for my 97 SVT? Mine broke today.

Latemodelresto.com has them listed here as a ford supplied part;

94-98 PARKING BRAKE CABLE, FRONT MUSTANG

but no Ford part number. My local Ford dealer has decided to put morons on their parts counter who are telling me that the only way to get the cable is by purchasing the whole brake level assembly which is $250 CDN dollars.

I've pinged Steve @Tousley, but getting stuff this small shipped to me in Canuckistan from the USA is a PITA, especially if its with UPS or FedEx(eg: $20 brokerage fees on a $30 part). USPS is passable, but Latemodelresto doesnt seem to want to ship via USPS anymore. double PITA. Also, my car is kinda down until I get this frickin cable installed. I tried the local Napa-type dealers but all they list are the left and right rear cables. Local ford dealer would be best for me - they'll get whatever I want once I get a part #.

Steve @Tousley FTMFW! Thanks Steve!

Users who are viewing this thread