ford not doing so hott!

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
i dont think ford ever did good. to be honest i really dont car what happeneds to ford because i have the car i want and nobody is taking it away from me.:-D

that does suck though

Last edited:

Impetuous

Common sense isn't common
Established Member
gunmetalcobra said:
This is not surprising or is it? All you have to do is look at all automakers and you know that Ford and GM aren't doing good nor will do good until they change their tactics. Dodge has change some of it's tactics and I think is the only American company that is doing decently(not that good anyways).

All they need to do is built quality cars and bring new stuff to the table (design & technology). Sure sounds easy but I think is easier to readjust the way of buiding automobiles than losing that outrageous amount of money.

I'm currently stationed in the Netherlands and it surprises the heck out of me when people go crazy about my stang when they have cars that are 10 times better imo. People don't look at style only anymore but reliability, quality and good value; something that Nissan personally I think is doing very good and that's why they're becoming a great company, and my next car looks like is going to be a Nissan. Don't get me wrong because I love my stang but damn when it comes to quality I'm pretty sure the American automakers are behind. Btw don't call me newbi if you don't agree with me just because I have X amount of posts. I've been into the Ford world since the past 14 years, so maybe in the forums I'm a newbi.

Just my $.02 cents:beer:

Last edited:

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
VelR4.6GT said:
when it comes to quality I'm pretty sure the american automakers are behind.

Just my $.02 cents:beer:

Yes, but not what you may think. Actually if you look at the TGW's (things gone wrong) this is the data the atomotive industry uses to measure quality, Ford is only a couple points behind Toyota. There is a misconception that the asian manufacturers are superior and it's simply not true.

The losses they are posting also include all the employee buyouts and plant closings (16 domestic) and other write offs. Read the article carefully.
I also hope they can return to profitability.

Last edited:

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
All I can say is that there better be more to "Bold Moves" than just cutting jobs. Products Products Products..Where they at? WTF...

If anybody is listening at Ford I have a family now and I need 1 fast ass sedan. A modern Sho of some sort would be nice. You have nothing and Dodge offers the SRT Magnum/Charger that I would take in a second if it were build by Ford.

Chop Chop...Bold Moves

Last edited:

mr2cam

Established Member
GETTEUP said:
Yes, but not what you may think. Actually if you look at the TGW's (things gone wrong) this is the data the atomotive industry uses to measure quality, Ford is only a couple points behind Toyota. There is a misconception that the asian manufacturers are superior and it's simply not true.

The losses they are posting also include all the employee buyouts and plant closings (16 domestic) and other write offs. Read the article carefully.

When you get a chance pull up alldata and look how many TSB's there are on Ford compaired to Toyota.. Literally pages of difference.

Coiled03

Established Member
mr2cam said:
When you get a chance pull up alldata and look how many TSB's there are on Ford compaired to Toyota.. Literally pages of difference.

That would be a fair comparison if all automakers acknowledged all of their own quality problems. But, since we know that's not true.....

mr2cam

Established Member
Coiled03 said:
That would be a fair comparison if all automakers acknowledged all of their own quality problems. But, since we know that's not true.....

Are you saying that Toyota doesn't acknowledge their problems? Toyota will call a recall for the smallest thing, but they do it because they know that quality comes first. GM just recently sent out a recall for their terrible fuel pumps that have had problems since the mid 80's.

Impetuous

Established Member
mr2cam said:

:thumbsup: :read:

Impetuous

Established Member
GETTEUP said:

I'm not talking precisely about Asian cars only but also europeans too. The build quality is day and night; so do you get the picture?

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
mr2cam said:

1) http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13046349/

2) http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7887155/

3) http://www.cnn.com/2006/AUTOS/07/11/bad_recall/index.html

4) ouch! 3.5 million on this one.....

Toyota Settles Recall of 3+ million Vehicles

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source: Automotive News special email alert
Link: www.oilgelsettlement.com

Mark Rechtin - Automotive News - January 8, 2007 -

LOS ANGELES -- Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc. has quietly settled a class-action lawsuit that covers about 3.5 million Toyota and Lexus vehicles that may have been damaged by engine oil sludge.

Details of the settlement, which allows for third-party mediation of sludge claims rejected by Toyota, have been mailed to 7.5 million current and previous owners.

Critics contend Toyota has told customers and dealers too little about sludge issues. They say some customers took vehicles with dead engines to dealers who had little or no knowledge of the problem and often assumed it was the owners' fault.

Unhappy customers had no remedy other than hiring a lawyer to go after Toyota.

Under the agreement, owners whose claims have been denied by Toyota may submit them to a third-party mediator at no cost for binding arbitration.

"This settlement breathes life into claims that have been dead for years," said Gary Gambel, a lawyer for plaintiffs who sued Toyota. "This is not a settlement that gives a few dollars to everyone. The relief is exactly tied to the problems and damages that someone might have."

About 3.3 million Toyota vehicles are susceptible to oil sludge, which can cause thousands of dollars in damage and require replacement of the engine.

Sludge is gelled oil that fails to lubricate engine parts. It can lead to damage, often requiring a new engine at a cost that can exceed $10,000. Complaints about sludged engines have plagued several carmakers, but Toyota's troubles have been especially controversial in light of its reputation for vehicle quality.

The issue highlights a possible chink in the company's armor. Executives fear Toyota is growing too fast for its engineering resources. That could lead to quality snags and a tarnished reputation.

When a customer takes a sludge-caked engine to a dealership, there is usually a "clean-out" procedure. The head is pulled and a service technician tries try to steam out the sludge. If that doesn't work, the engine must be replaced.

Sludge can result from poor engine design; overly tight tolerances between moving parts; improper cooling; and poor maintenance by consumers.

Toyota insists the problem arises mainly when owners fail to change their oil frequently enough.

The agreement does not find Toyota at fault.

Damages that can be recovered include loss in value of the vehicle and incidental costs, such as rental cars. Past lawyers' fees, mental anguish and bodily injuries are not covered.

A Toyota spokesman said the agreement is not a defeat for the automaker.

"The settlement validates the customer support program we implemented four years ago," Xavier Dominicis said.

"The terms of the program remain unchanged. There always was a way for customers to appeal our decision."

Plaintiff lawyers disagree. They say Toyota failed to communicate the extent of the problem to its dealers and customers. Toyota's appeal process also meant hiring a lawyer, which many consumers could not afford. It costs nothing to file an appeal with Ates.

"The consumer only needs to show reasonable maintenance in terms of oil changes," Gambel said. "You don't need to prove where the sludge came from, or explain your driving habits. If you have oil sludge, Toyota pays" the consumer.

Impetuous

Established Member
Shit even Hyundai now makes cars that are being taking in considerantion for the best values. Does anybody read any other magazine than a Mustang one? Recommend that you read one and you will realize that even those Korean companies are really getting into the game with comments like " if it wasn't because Honda or Toyota have been doing it for so long my vote would go for the Hyundai". So that tells a lot of what's going in the market right know. So Ford, GM make sure to start working on the quality, lack of proactiveness issue before it gets even worse. Why do I say that? Have you seen any new technology introduced to the public from Ford, GM, etc? Usually after an Asian or European automaker already has it running for a couple of years. Sad enough said.....

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
VelR4.6GT said:
I'm not talking precisely about Asian cars only but also europeans too. The build quality is day and night; so do you get the picture?

not so day and night i guess.

Oh and by the way toyota is currently on pace to surpass Ford in recalls.

Last edited:

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
VelR4.6GT said:
Shit even Hyundai now makes cars that are being taking in considerantion for the best values. Does anybody read any other magazine than a Mustang one? Recommend that you read one and you will realize that even those Korean companies are really getting into the game with comments like " if it wasn't because Honda or Toyota have been doing it for so long my vote would go for the Hyundai". So that tells a lot of what's going in the market right know. So Ford, GM make sure to start working on the quality, lack of proactiveness issue before it gets even worse. Why do I say that? Have you seen any new technology introduced to the public from Ford, GM, etc? Usually after an Asian or European automaker already has it running for a couple of years. Sad enough said.....

Please CAREFULLY read the terms of their warranty. The owner MUST comply with ALL the terms within the agreement (at the consumers expense) or they will not honor it.

Impetuous

Established Member
GETTEUP said:
not so day and night i guess.

Hmmmm I'm convinced, you win, Not really! History tells and as you can see who is losing that many BILLIONS? Have you seen or being in a car other than a Ford, GM or Dodge? Common man you have to accept it that the quality of craftmanship in those mentioned companies is not there, period!!
:nono:

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
VelR4.6GT said:
Hmmmm I'm convinced, you win, Not really! History tells and as you can see who is losing that many BILLIONS? Have you seen or being in a car other than a Ford, GM or Dodge? Common man you have to accept it that the quality of craftmanship in those mentioned companies is not there, period!!
:nono:

don't get upset with me i am merely quoting the facts.

Impetuous

Established Member
GETTEUP said:
Please CAREFULLY read the terms of their warranty. The owner MUST comply with ALL the terms within the agreement (at the consumers expense) or they will not honor it.

I for one don't really care about the warranty but if you own one of the big three you should always keep it in mind. I fix my own vehicles and that's why my next one won't be ford because I'm sick and tired of all the squeaks, noises, breaks, issues and that's with only 14.5K miles in 2.5 years.

Users who are viewing this thread