Ford Navigation....

KingCobra04

SVT Freak
Established Member
Is it possible to replace the Cobra dbl din radio with a new style Ford navigation system? I have a new navigation unit out of a 2008 Ford F-series and was wondering if it is plug and play and if it is not what is required to make it work. Anyone with experience??? :beer:

pony23

Established Member
I think that it will work but i am not sure about the sync. Also you will need the antenna for the GPS. I was thinking about the smae thing. That would be a cool install. Give it a try.

KingCobra04

SVT Freak
Established Member
The navigation does not the sync built in like some others. It's off an 08 F-450. For whatever reason those did not have sync.
I am looking for an gps antenna that will work?? :beer:

pony23

Established Member
Thats good to know. I have the sync and nav in my 08 Edge. Really like it.

Saleen281sc

I've got a Cobra,too
Established Member
The navigation does not the sync built in like some others. It's off an 08 F-450. For whatever reason those did not have sync.
I am looking for an gps antenna that will work?? :beer:

Its my understanding you can buy the OEM Ford GPS antenna, and install it under the front center dash area, and it will work perfectly as far as reception and locating the satellites..

I *think* you will have to go to a dealer and have them program the nav unit for your particular application, if its even possible.

If its not programmed, many of the GPS features will not work.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
No way that is a plug and play application. Ford changed the radio connectors between 2003 and 2004, do you think they'd have the same plugs for a 6 disc changer and a crazy nav setup?

Do a search, a friend of mine on here asked the same question a while back and figured out it wouldn't work.

Users who are viewing this thread