Ford M5300l springs without sway bar?

sono

Established Member
So I'm looking for some opinions about running the Ford M5300-L springs without a front sway bar on the street.

I am currently running the FR3 kit and at full soft/loose it still follows the groves in the road. I'm thinking of just pulling the front sway bar all together.

Anybody running this way? Not looking for crazy body roll, or to buy a new suspension kit.

As a final thought I do have a strut brace that I can install if I take the sway bar off.

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
I ran the 5300L without sway bar for 2 years and had no concerns in the way the car handled. I did not try to rip around turns but did plenty of spirited driving.

sono

Established Member
Yes to staggered wheels.

Thanks for the info.

I figured it was probably fine to pull the sway bar on the street. Just needed a non track guy to confirm.

BMR Tech 2

I don't particularly care for removing sway bars on street cars. Removing the front bar will leave the car more prone to oversteer, and can be dangerous if you have to make an emergency maneuver. That being said, as long as you take it easy and give yourself time to adapt to not having a front bar, you should be fine in day to day driving.

Your pulling is likely caused by the staggered setup that you have on the car. Staggered setups will cause the car to follow the grooves in the road much more than a square setup. I don't think removing your front bar is going to do what you're expecting.

Users who are viewing this thread