ford lightning 2001

Foxsetup

hi !, first of all sorry for my bad english , i speak french i am from quebec, canada.

i am currently looking to buy a 2001 ford f150 svt lightning ( the guys ask 9800$ for it 100% stock with 83 000 miles on the clock) i don't know much abou these trucks. i would like to know if the price is right of course but also , what to look at. at this point did the majority of these trucks needed a blower rebuild ? tranny ? engine ?. what to look at for the body ? is 83 000 miles to much for the price ? i'm sure there is a few guys in here that knows the answers a my questions. thank you all. if there is any information you could bring you are welcome to do so.

Darren5.0L

Triple Supercharged!
Established Member
On the Canadian Market, that price seems kind of on the low side, but perhaps they have dropped a bit on the East side of the country. I am at 186,000 km's and I have not had to rebuild the blower, engine or transmission.

For the body, look for damaged parts, some of the Lightning specific items are becoming a bit harder to find as the trucks age.

Here's a plug for my ownership experience article (ongoing) which might help you learn some of the things to expect.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...tning-3380-small-issues-fixes-and-experiences

Users who are viewing this thread