Ford Interceptor

bettner12

Iraq bound
Established Member
what ford should have done is released their "427 concept" and it would have been direct competition to the 300, and beaten the pants off of it. And this concept was 2 years before the 300 came out...
link:http://www.supercars.net/cars/2241.html

2003_Ford_427Concept8.jpg

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
IMO, I think the 427 looks a little better and more viable for production. The low roofline of the interceptor has to be changed for production, while a couple tweaks (and probably losing the 427 for a Hurricane or mod motor V8) would make the 427 perfect for production.

ArkangelX3

Established Member
At least no one has said it looks just like the 300, Well no duh, the 300 didnt copy, but emulated in a way, the 427. And the 427 came first. Personaly IMO, i like the Interceptor better, and the name F'ing Rocks! BUILD IT!

TRXboy

Established Member
Look's like the front end off of a new Silverado. Im assuming IRS based of the mustang platform?

JSpeed

Degenerate Speeder
Established Member
that looks like shit IMO. No way that will be any competition for the 300C
The only good thing about that is the name.

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
Personally, I like most of it. I know this is a concept, but obviously the name is not right for civilian usage. Plus, I hate the front end. Oddly though, I like the rear styling. Reminds me of some of the old vintage Ford sedans of the sixties. In conception form, this simply isn't a Crown Victoria replacement...but it certainly points the direction to where the next RWD V8 Ford sedan should go and I believe that its about 85% there.

Users who are viewing this thread